Chapter 14

Crown Princess Mo Liu just sleeping in her chambers that resided within the Treasured Palace.

Her child is due in just a few days, but what occurred long ago still haunts her to this day.

Those dreams that started over a year ago still lingered. She didn't know what they were, but all she knew was that these voices were in agony.

In her dream, she walks a lonely path. It was just the palace garden however, it was dark, filled with glum.

Reaching that place, her steps stopped.

Horrid screams along with cries could be heard from those doors. She backed away and ran only to be met with screams that echoed louder.

"LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID TO ME!!!"

Her eyes shot open and sat up in her bed breathing heavily. Sweat rained down, present on her face by the glare of the moonlight that crept into her room.

The Crown Princess could only shiver at those horrid words. She didn't know who these voices belonged to, but wanted to know why.

Why were these dreams coming to her?

Her expression fell to dread.

"Someone please get me out of here!"

She could only scream those words inside and not ever in her voice.

Later that day, outside the palace, Wen wandered the capital city streets in search for that man, Zihao.

One thing that didn't come to mind till that very day as she walked the streets, was what if he wasn't even in the capital city?

She could only sigh inside at this realization.

Thinking about how that man left to find his family, she wondered where her family was.

Did they miss her?

Are they still alive?

Did they know she was still alive?

However, she knew she couldn't find them, not now, not ever. They were just abusive bastards and she ran away.

At least her life was not filled with such violence after that.

She sighed once again.

Passing by a vendor, she eyed it as though something about it caught her attention.

Stopping in her tracks, she gazed at that small shop from a distance. Old memories of the past poured in as she remembered the day Lady Fu Lin found her.

She offered her to be a servant of the Li Manor, where she would at the very least have a roof over her head. Although those years were filled with discipline and uprightness, her Lady tried to give her the best life she could.

Then, she turned her back and walked away. The past no longer had anything to do with her. She only needed to focus on moving forward.

Walking on, a man also watched her from afar. His eyes looked to be searching for someone.

"Where are you?"

Niu Xia was inside the chambers of her friend, Li Mei. After nearly four long months, she was now able to visit her. Silently, she sat at the table waiting for her arrival.

Footsteps approached along with a delightful voice that spoke her name. "Niu Xia!" her voice overfilled with joy.

Hearing her, she stood from her seat returning the same emotions. "Li Mei." her words gentle as always.

The two came close and hugged one another tightly.

A while's hug, the two then sat down at that table and conversed as they always would.

"How is it living here?" the Miss asked.

The Lady just sighed, "It's kind of overwhelming. I'm still trying to find myself you know."

Miss Niu's brow raised slightly and listened as she spoke more.

"I'll tell you about it one day. I promise."

The Miss' hands found their way to the married woman's that laid on the table, and held them gently.

Li Mei watched her actions silently, not saying a word.

Niu Xia's once gentle grip, became tighter as if her grip on her was loose, or rather as if she'd loose her once again.

"I'm counting on you." she voiced sounding as if she knew something.

Lady Li Mei's loose grip on her friend, gave push to hold hers in return.

"I promise I'll find out the truth of your Li Mei."

She stood up from her seat still holding her hands, and to the outside.

"Let me give you a tour of the palace." she insisted.

Niu Xia's eyes that seemed sorrowful a short moment ago, gleamed with joy.

"Of course."
.
.
.