Chapter 27

"Your daughter is absolutely marvelous. I must admit that she isn't the most beautiful but is indeed talented. Her way of the zither is calming to one's heart."

He only smiled at his daughter's gift, "She isn't the Queen's relative without a reason."

She laughed, "In five days, everything will go as wished." she stated.

"What do you have in plan, Your Majesty?" Minister Mo Yaozu questioned.

A scheming smile crept upon her devious lips. "Frame Crown Princess Ha Lee by saying she stole the Black Jade Seal of the Realm. " her expression filled with delight.

He laughed at her remarks, "Your Majesty, that would result in the death penalty would it not?"

The look on her face only brightened more, "Worry not, I will make sure she leaves unscathed." Her gaze  then lowered, "Because after all, she is someone our Divine Goddess, Daiyu, chose."

At the royal garden, Ha Lee sat with him. Again, he was talking about his life adventures.

"After crossing the dessert, I saw this cave. I know it's bad to go into places that seem dangerous but I still went anyways because you know life is short." telling the start of his journey.

She laughed and seeing how he was so full of life made her feel alive. He always made her smile whenever she was blue.

"As I walked in, venturing further and further, I found a book. It's not just a book but something only one of its kind in the world. It's called the One Rise. This book is said to hold the names of deities and their purpose. Most say that those mentioned in the book are not even real, however, it is. It holds the secrets of the royal families." mentioning something only close royals know.

At this time, he has also yet to know these secrets.

This sparked an interest in her. "Royal secrets?"

He nodded his head, "I am not sure what these secrets are but I heard that if one tries to change the course of fate, whatever it is that holds their life in the palace shall ruin them."

"That's terrifying indeed." she commented.

He nodded his head in a quick manner at her words.

Her eyes then lowered but a hint of grief filled them.

Looking at her with the mask that still covered his face, he became troubled. Seeing the way her face changed made his heart sting with pain. He didn't know what it was that made him feel that way, but all he knew was that whenever she was sad, he was greatly pained by it.

"Did His Highness shun you again?" he asked knowing of everything.

A frown came upon her, close to tears. Slowly, she nodded her head at his question.

His expression turned sorrow with pity and anger that lied under. The hand that was once relaxed, formed into a fist.

"Would you like to talk about it?"

Her gaze shifted to him then the ground.

".........I feel as though he hates me. I don't know what I did wrong for him to act such a way towards me, and I try so hard just to gain his attention. I put a flower on his desk every once in a while, bring him porridge I made, and yet why? Why does he not at the very least acknowledge me?"

Tears began to slip from her shaking eyes. They overflowed with the emotions she contained these past months.

Just seeing her this way, hurt him.

Piece by piece, he could feel his heart falling apart. It were as though he shared the pain she felt.

"I only wish for him to look my way and acknowledge me, even if it's just for a brief moment." something she wanted. "As long as he recognizes me, my heart can rest at peace."

Yusheng's hand then reached out to her. He wanted to at least show comfort by giving a pat on the head.

However, just as he was touch her, he pulled back immediately. As the 3rd prince, he shouldn't lay a hand on his brother's future bride.

"Your Highness, you needn't cry for a person such as him." trying to find words to say.

"Before you should love another, you must love yourself. For he who doesn't even bother to look your way, you should not pay him too much attention. Doing so you will hurt yourself in the end. I am telling you this as a friend and as a person who stands by you."

Her eyes looked to the man whose face she's yet to see. That once sorrowful expression became a smile of joy for him.

Seeing her delighted again, although it was after a depressing scene, it warmed him inside.

"This man, Feng, will always stand by your side even when the world is against you."

She chuckled, bringing her hands to hold his.

The prince flinched at the sudden contact but eventually relaxed. He could feel the beat of his heart racing faster with each passing second. For him, this feeling helped him to calm the worries at the back of his mind.

However, little did he know, this promise will last two lifetimes.

A promise that will shake the heavens.

A promise that will defy all.
.
.
.