Chapter 37

Her body was shutting down, and she could feel it without even having to get a reading. All she knew was that her pain would go away but the suffering of another would come.

Her mind,

Body,

And heart,

It all hurt.

It hurt to be alone especially when this could be her last day, her last moments.

Even the memories she carried were a mess. The things she wanted to remember were forgotten.

"I wonder.......how did his voice sound like again? I can't remember........ Was it always like this? Was it always this lonely? Where did it all go wrong?"

Her eyes came into a daze.

Weakly she could only mutter one thing.

"Feng"

It was the Battle of Necrosis. The main camp of the Sui troops has been attacked under an ambush and the men were more unaligned than ever, fighting without clause.

Yusheng fought brazenly.

Suddenly, his heart ached heavily for a moment. He didn't know why but it hurt like hell.

Only then did he realize something.

He reached around for his pockets to find out the box wasn't in his possession.

Immediately, he rushed back to his tent to retrieve it. Reaching there, he found it still on the table and grabbed it, shoving it into his pocket.

"Your Highness," it was Ning.

"What're you doing?! We are under attack." he shouted at him.

"No, Your Highness, we must speak this very minute." he said calmly.

"What?"

Ning unveiled his top to show the tattoo of a black tortoise causing Yusheng's eyes to widen in shock.

"You, you're a Jin royal!" he exclaimed.

"Just like how the Sui's have the blue dragon tattoo, we have our own." briefly telling him as he pulled his top back on. "I am the son of the of King Fei He. My real name is Fei Ling, the Crown Prince, and I am the one who wrote that letter."

"Then talk,"

"Your Highness, I am not here to kill you but to save your lineage."

"What do you mean?"

"Every one of the Four Kingdoms follow an order by the heavens." the start of a old story he did not know of. "Spare my life and I shall help you unravel the secrets of your real background."

Yusheng went silent for a moment.

Then, he turned his back on him with his sword still in hand, "I'll keep you by my side as 'Ning.' No one will know of this except you and I." he soon left to fight alongside the others.

Fei Ling took a breath of relief, "Father, I shall clear your name."

The king who was accused for something he did not do.

Back on the fields, the men were in total chaos. They didn't know what to do without a superior.

Quickly, Yusheng looked for a horse and found one still tied to its station. Immediately he untied it and jumped on as his horse galloped among the raging men.

"SOLDIERS!" gaining their ears to listen.

"HOLD YOUR WEAPONS TIGHT AND DO NOT WAVER. IF WE LOOSE THIS BATTLE THEN OFF WITH YOUR OWN HEADS. THOSE WHO DO NOT HEED TO ME SHALL BE TORN AT THE LIMBS BY HORSES!!!"