Chapter 39

Weeks passed and the palace was still the same except for a few.

Yusheng changed.

His demeanor became cold and began to show up less in public. Everyone believed that after the war, he became a ruthless bastard. They saw the change but not the reason.

Assumptions were made and not the truth.

Walking about the palace grounds after his daily routine at the training grounds, Han Yusheng left to his Mirror Palace. He only left after saying his goodbyes to Li Dai and his sister, who still evades him whenever she could.

His steps looked as though they were being dragged, no longer having the energy to move another step.

Then, he came to a halt at a particular spot. It was the entrance to the royal garden.

Standing there, he simply looked on.

Every time he walked by, he'd stop to take a moment to himself. However, he was always hesitant to enter that place as doing so would mean she was really gone.

After a short while, he decided to walk in. On the pathway, flower buds were becoming present and trees with thin branches that rained down. They surrounded him at almost every corner as spring was near.

His feet took him to the pavilion, the place where he met her and the place where he last saw her in the palace. Once he reached that building, there was another person that stood under its roof.

Crown Prince Han Shirong

Hearing his footsteps, the 1st prince turned around, meeting eyes with him.

"Come," he simply said as he looked forward again.

He stood still for a second before continuing his steps ahead.

Standing beside him, they were silent between another. Yusheng, although shorter, was only behind by a centimeter. Other than that, they were almost the same but not entirely.

Shirong had it all. As the first born son, he was granted his position of Crown Prince, had both his mother and father to love him, talked widely amongst the people, acknowledged by others, didn't have to work hard, fairly good looking, and was given everything he ever wanted.

As for Yusheng, he was the opposite. Growing up his mother neglected him, his father acknowledged him but rarely ever had a father and son moment, not much people talked or knew of him, worked hard, an incredibly gorgeous and handsome man, and was given not many things.

However, people now knew him but it was with fear.

Brothers, yet different.

"Did you even say goodbye to her when she left the palace? " the younger man spoke.

"No," the Crown Prince spoke.

"Ah......I see."

"Mm"

Their words were short and so was their lack of communication.

"You know, I kind of hate you." the 3rd prince spoke.

The Crown Prince eyed him from the side as Yusheng faced him.

"You don't know how much of an asshole you're being right now don't you? If she weren't your Crown Princess, you would've never been the Crown Prince this very moment. You're a good for nothing cunt who didn't take her side or try to help her. You didn't even come to her and her family's funeral," he scoffed. ".....and to think you're my brother?"

Suddenly, the younger prince grabbed the other by the collar. His grip was tight with a strong force.

"Maybe your pride got in the way of what you really wanted to do. Nevertheless, you're just a coward for running away every time you had the chance to save her."

No longer was the Crown Prince holding back his expressionless face. Forcibly, he pushed his brother away.

"What about you?! You also could've done something." he seemed to return the question. "Yes, I may have ignored her but you, clearly YOU were the biggest benefactor. You knew everything yet why didn't you say anything? Oh I know, that's because you're just a concubine's son. No one will listen to a concubine's son." almost mocking him.

"Also, that day she left the palace, I saw the both of you in each other's arms. You must've fallen for her huh? If you did, why didn't you take her away? Why didn't you fucking do it!" he cussed.

Then, all went silent when a fist met the other's face.

Shirong stumbled back and glared at him with a smirk. "I'm right aren't I!? You fell for her, isn't that already a sin. She was my Crown Princess not yours!" he shouted.

Yusheng breathed heavily in a rage, "You are such an asshole. I bet it was your fault for what happened to her family." He shoved him to the ground and came over him, grabbing his collar.

"Shut that disgusting mouth of yours. She loved you so much and yet you had the audacity to treat her like shit. You're a real big shot now aren't you? You must have thought you were so cool to have thought 'I don't need a woman.' It's not that you didn't need a woman, it's that you were weak just like you always were." he let go of his collar and stood.

"Don't ever step foot on my palace, the Lotus Palace, or the training grounds ever. Those areas are my territory. Cowards don't belong there." he then walked away.

As he left, Shirong stood and patted himself down with a scowl on his face. He went back to his composed self as if nothing happened, although inside he was burning with fury and raging pain.

Walking out, the 3rd prince came past a man, someone he had never seen before. This man, he'll remember as he knew almost everyone in the palace.

It was then that when he nearly reached his palace, Li Dai ran up to him in a panicked state.

"Hey!" he shouted out to his friend.

Yusheng turned to come face to face with this new situation.

"Have you seen my sister?! I can't find her, I-I-" he didn't know what to do.

The prince grabbed him at the shoulders, "Clam down and tell me."

Li Dai's eyes shook, "She was just at the training grounds with me and I told her to wait for me, while I went to speak with a subordinate privately about his family matters. When I came back she was gone. My father, everyone is searching for her!" his voice raised. "It's my fault...... it's my fault for leaving her alone." he was devastated.

"No, it is not your fault, I'll help you find her." he tried to assure his friend.

"Thank you."

As the palace was lightened that night by lanterns, it seemed as though no one could find her. Not a place was left unscathed.

She was gone, disappearing into thin air just like Ha Lee.
.
.
.