Chapter 48

"That's all....." and there she finished explaining what exactly happened after she was taken from her burning Manor up till the point where she died.

The whole time she spoke, Yusheng's fist was clenched as anger boiled within him, ready to burst any second.

Ha Lee peered to look at her husband.

His expression was filled with rage. The pain she suffered, was unbearable to him. He was torn by what she had to go through.

Sitting beside him, they were in her bedroom chambers. Coming closer, she tightly locked him in her arms and brought his head to rest against her chest.

"I'm alright now......" she told him.

"If it weren't for him, you would've never met that end nor forgotten me......I feel horrible that he committed such a thing." he covered his face with his hand.

The woman then took his hands and held them. "But I'm happy that you're beside me." his heart seemed to lightened.

"You've stayed waiting for me through thick and thin, and it touches my heart. You went to war not even knowing if you'd even come back, defied him, piled your workload to investigate my family case, and even burned your royal tattoo....... You went through so much just because of me."

He then sat up, this time putting her head against his chest.

"Do you hear it?" referring to the beat of his heart.

She nodded.

"The reason why I went through that is because it's you. Right now, you may look different but that doesn't matter because it's you. As long as you are here, whether you've changed or not, my heart will go on with you. If you weren't here beside me, my will to find you will never stop because I would know you're still out there somewhere waiting for me."

Her face burrowed into his chest. "I really don't deserve you....... I feel like I've done nothing for you but cause sorrow."

Yusheng's arms wrapped tighter around her waist. "You are and will always be worth it. You've done many for me as well. Those days before I met you were filled with isolation. My mother didn't bother with me much, locking herself away, the king would only talk to me in matters of sending me away or to do a task outside the palace, Shirong and I weren't on good terms, and the queen was a tyrant." he paused for a second.

"........But when I met you, the world seemed to change. You opened my heart to experience things I've never felt or even knew of before." the beginning of their story.

"You were the shooting star who gave me the bliss of a companion, an ear to my stories that most would find annoying, listened to weird 'theories' of things I've wondered about since I was a child, and gave me a reason to think of things I never did before. Those things were the importance of a promise and the words of an oath. You taught me so much without even having to say it, and now you are the air that surrounds me. You're no longer my shooting star because you're my person."

Ha Lee was at loss for words.

Her brows pressed with lowered eyes feeling what he said about her was not even true.

"You're too kind.......it makes me feel like I'm taking advantage of you or wants me to take advantage of you."

A smug grin came over his face, ".......Do you want to take advantage of me?" he knew what she meant but turned it rather erotic.

Realizing that, she smacked his arm in turn making him laugh. At the very least, he was able to cheer her up.

"Even if you took advantage of me, I know you wouldn't do it to harm me because I trust you." he kissed her forehead.