Chapter 15

It was dark in this hidden room of Yusheng's that resided in the Research and Investigation Department.

Alone this late afternoon, he was still trying to figure out the strange marks and writings on the deceased woman's skin. Those bizarre symbols, he had already found their meanings after looking through countless books of his stored in this room.

These books were some of the oldest relics he found during his journeys in and outside the kingdom.

Those markings engraved all over her body were of old black magic cults. One such, was the symbol of a Luna Moth to invite a soul into one's body.

It was also was a symbol of transformation.

In order for this to occur, the person who wished for a specific soul to enter, had to have a carved tattoo of a white butterfly embedded into their flesh.

The white butterfly represented the soul of a departed loved one. Simply meaning that the person who wished to bring back a soul, wanted the person they loved back.

The prince scrunched his brows however.

"Then, what are all these writings for? The summoning mark is there. What else is there to do?"

In a state of confusions for a moment, he then realized something and immediately went to his bookshelf to find it. Scurrying, he then found it.

The Semantic Novel.

This contained writings of the very first sorcerer. She was a woman whose heart had been corrupted with demons that infested her mind and body. This lead her to be the founder of black magic. It was the only one of its kind in the world, and he found it.

Flipping through the old rusted pages that were hundreds of years old, he felt restless. Dust from the pages that felt fragile would fly out.

Only when he thought he found it, the page was gone. His eyes went into a panic.

Looking closely, the page that was once there had been torn out leaving only the small pieces that were left.

He then looked around his now not so secret room.

Someone had been here before. However, the only ones that knew about this place were his trusted men and Li Dai.

For sure, he knew it wasn't them. Only he knew how to open this room.

"Then who was it?"

Even the secrets he held, weren't safe here.

He then placed the book down, shutting it before covering the dead maiden's body. Soon, he will be giving a funeral for her tragic death.

"I think it's time I bring Li Mei into this."

At the break of day, Li Mei was just enjoying this lavish time to herself at the Mirror Palace bathhouse.

The warm water in her tub was filled with vibrant red and pink shades of rose petals, hair that hung loose, and body bare of any clothing.

Wen was still outside the palace searching for that man, leaving the Lady to tend to herself. She didn't mind it as back in her past life, she sometimes helped the servants in her household with the chores. This of course, caused her mother to scold her since she was to be a righteous lady to the Crown Prince, who no longer served a purpose in her heart.

He was now just a fragment of the past.

She looked down at her chest examining them before laying her hands there.