Chapter 36

As the months went by, so did the light in her eyes.

Every night that she was visited by him, all she would do was scream in agony at his touch. She wanted to run away but couldn't as she was trapped here.

Sitting on the bed, was Ha Lee with her head down.

Those chains no longer constricted her as the King removed them to better have intercourse with her.

In this room, there was no sunlight and only candles to bring light. The place was also stuffy with no filter.

Her face held no life as her eyes shedded tears fell as they did everyday.

Another breakdown, was what it was.

Sniffles came and so did her once innocent days that faded away. Her once healthy body slimmed down to the point where her cheek bones popped, ribs visibly present, face pale, limbs frail and no strength to even fight against the molestation.

She could barely even eat allowing depression to eat away at her.

The once beautiful face she possessed now looked years older than her actual age and hair carrying strands of white from the unbearable stress.

Quietly she muttered to herself.

"Mother, Father, Xueqin....... I hope you've been buried properly along with the others that lived at the Manor with us. I hope you are doing well up there and no longer suffering..... I really wish I can see you all right now...." her voice broke apart.

Then, as always she remembered him, her last sunshine.

"Feng, please come back quickly and take me away." she began to pray. "I'm waiting for you....... I want to see your face, hug you, hear your voice...... and tell you something."

She realized what it was that night before he left to the raging war. Unable to say it, she gave her plum blossom hairpin instead. 

As she cried her heart out, the door then opened and closed.

It was Shing, coming with a tray of food for her. This time he brought more nutritious foods along with mouth-watering dishes for her. She was only supposed to receive was just a few balls of rice topped with sesame seeds and chicken soup to go with it.

His voice was quiet and wasn't his usual cold tone he always gave everyone, "Your Highness, I've brought your breakfast." presenting it to her.

Without even wiping away her tears, she looked to him making unintended eye contact.

She gave a smile for him as she always did since it was he who brought her meals everyday.

"Thank you."

Although she had almost no will left to live, her soul never changed. It remained beautiful and kind as it always was with an unchanging heart.

The only thing that kept her going and not end everything, was that she was still waiting.

"There's no need to thank me, Your Highness." he bowed to her and placed the tray on the table.

He then looked at her back with her front already facing the other way.

She looked......so lonely. Her back seemed so weak and delicate as though even the wind could knock her down.

Quietly, he muttered something to himself and then left the room with slow steps.

"It wasn't you." Ha Lee spoke.

On the battlefields, Yusheng charged through hundreds of men. Although his idea to unite his men was already put into action, they've still yet to completely follow him.