Chapter 53

"Li Mei," Niu Xia called out to her.

The Lady turned her head, meeting gazes with her friend.

"Come here." the Miss urged her.

She simply laughed and as the woman wanted, her steps came to her.

The two were at the Mirror Palace's garden. It was spring, allowing life to flourish once more. The pair were sewing pieces together as they took in the view of the beauty that grew around them.

"How are you and His Highness?" Niu Xia asked.

That smile on her face broadened, "We are very happy." Those words were even conveyed in her expressions.

She gave a soft laugh, "I'm glad you are." that was all that mattered. "You know, when he came back from the war most honored his achievements but some thought he was a monster." deciding to tell more about him.

"Why did they say so?"

Niu Xia sighed, "It was the way the last battle of the war ended. The 2nd prince of the Jin Kingdom was killed inhumanely, and this sparked controversy." speaking of the Jin Crown Prince's older brother.

This raised a brow on Ha Lee. She knew everything about him along with all the recent happenings. This was one thing she did not know of.

"How was he killed?" wanting to know.

".....I'm just telling you this alright. What I'm about to say is not a lie but reality. I am not trying to make you turn against him, I am only wanting to tell you more about him during the time he came back." her eyes dead serious.

The Lady nodded at her words.

"As my father is the Prime Minister, he knows everything and this is one thing that still sends chills down his spine. At the end of the battle, His Highness and the 2nd prince of the Jin Kingdom fought bravely. However, there could only be one one victor and that was His Highness. Due to the men that defied his orders throughout the time they've been under him, he decided to show them what would happen if they did so ever again."

Niu Xia gulped just remembering the details.

"The prince's nails were ripped off, one by one with his hands being severed right after. Slowly, he then died a painful death being skinned alive."

This detail still sent shivers down the Miss' spine just like her father. To imagine being killed in a such a way just to set an example is utterly frightening, a horror to how one would meet their end.

".....I know what he did was horrible but that doesn't mean it'll stop me from loving him more. When you love someone, you tend to over look things, but that's only if you are blinded. The way I love him is that I'll accept what he's done, but won't forget it." separating hers from the others.

"When you love someone, you shouldn't be afraid of what they've done but rather how you accept it. You can either accept it and never see them again, or accept it and understand them more."

Amazement, was what Niu Xia felt at her answer.

Rather than listen to those around her, she decided to listen to herself first. It made her sure of what's been on her mind.

"May you and His Highness be blessed by her Divine Goddess Daiyu."

Without even knowing, her blessing has reached the pair long ago when everything was planned out to bring her back into this world in order to meet him again. It was then the wait was over and those tears wouldn't have to be of sadness any longer, but of happiness and reconciliation.