Chapter 11

Li Mei, along with Crown Princess Mo Liu, on this morning had been invited by Queen Qi Ting to have breakfast at the Bamboo Garden.

As she walked there with her personal servant Wen, they talked of serious matters concerning Li Mei.

One thing for sure, is that Wen swore an oath of loyalty to her Lady. The servant knew of what her Lady wanted to investigate and the reason behind it.

At first she was flabbergasted, but eventually accepted it. She knew for a fact, that she didn't actually loose her memory, but that her Lady was the deceased Miss Ha Lee of the Ha Family.

That was the most shocking part of it all to her.

As they walked, servants that passed bowed to the 3rd prince's wife. Li Mei knelt her head down to the servants as a way to excuse them before going off on her way to the Bamboo Garden.

"Wen, I want you to find information on these two men for me." passing her a small note with the names of the two persons on there.

Upon, opening the note, she read it, but doing so her eyes widened due in shock.

In a quiet whisper, she spoke her inner thoughts. "My Lady, these men...... how can I possibly even get to them?" that was the biggest contender.

"Worry not, I have an old friend that could help us." she assured her. "His name is Zihao, a former guard of the Ha Family before we let him go to find his family."

The young servant nodded at her words and kept them in mind to remember.

Arriving to the garden, she was first to be present as it was considered disrespectful to arrive after the Queen and the Crown Princess. The Lady then looked around to see if anyone was near, especially servants. Settling down, she spoke words to describe Zihao as no one else was present besides the two.

"He is a tall male, long brown hair tied in a low tail, light brown eyes that look almost green, quite the handsome fellow in his early twenties, and has a mole on the top of his left thumb."

Wen raised a brow. "My Lady, it's been over a year, how are you so sure he still has his long hair?" she questioned

Li Mei simply laughed hearing those words, "He definitely does. Back when he was at the Manor with my family, he never once changed his style and always left it the same and made it stay that way." she was sure of it.

The servant gave a look of question, "That's good to know, my Lady."

Arriving, was the Queen along with Crown Princess Mo Liu. Rising from her seat, Li Mei and Wen bowed to the two before rising.

The Queen smiled at the new royal member. "Lady Li Mei, it is different seeing you up close." she commented as she sat down.

Mo Liu took Li Mei's hands and held them tight, but gently. "Lady Li Mei, it is an honor to meet you." her eyes lowered in respect.

In order to not make any suspicious movements and keep order, she simply reacted the way one would.

"No, it is an honor to meet you, Your Highness." she instead held the princess' hands and helped her to sit as she was in the last stage of her pregnancy.

Wen poured the tea into the cups as servants came and set the table for the three royal wives.

"Lady Li Mei, I must say you are absolutely beautiful up close. It's no wonder His Majesty chose you to be the 3rd prince's bride." she complimented.

She sensed how fake the Queen's voice was, and only shrugged on the inside at her remarks. Her Majesty was one of the contributing factors to her being stripped of her Crown Princess title.