Chapter 57

Still within the hidden passageways below the Jade Palace, she ran as quickly as she could, but carefully back the way she came from. Just behind her from a distance, was the king trailing.

"MY CROWN PRINCESS, PLEASE DON'T RUN. I JUST WANT TO HOLD YOU LIKE BEFORE." his voice chilling.

Goosebumps formed, feeling the fear that crept upon her. He was one of the people, if not the only person she was terrified of for life.

Heavy breaths escaped her lips and could only pray that Zihao was bringing Yusheng.

Turning the corner, her legs could no longer keep up and fell to the ground. Bringing herself up, she could hear his steps nearing. Ha Lee looked around, hoping there may be a place or an opening where she could possibly hide for a while so he could pass.

Her gaze landing on the walls, what seemed to be a small door, caught her eye. It blended in with its surroundings, making it almost unnoticeable.

For her, there were two possibilities and the outcomes.

If she went in, she would either be found or he'd pass her by, but if she kept running she'd tire herself and possibly risk the growing life that may be inside her.

Feeling his presence nearing, she decided to hide behind that door.

Crouched down, she crawled through and shut the opening. Behind, she noticed a peeping hole.

With steps approaching, she shut her eyes in hopes he'd pass.

He was out of breath but kept going with an unchanged pace.

"My Crown Princess, you shouldn't have run too far." he crept.

She gulped heavily with sweat on her forehead and lips trembling. All she could do was just pray he'd pass by.

Then, there was silence.

He seemed to have gone, as she no longer heard him.

Ha Lee sighed of relief.

However, when she looked into that peeping hole, there was an eye looking right back at her. A cackle could be heard from the other side.

"My Crown Princess, are we playing a game now?" his hand reached to open the door from the small indent at the side.

Quickly, she grabbed the handle from her side, pulling it towards her so it wouldn't open. His force, on the other hand, pulled harder and harder.

"LET ME IN!!!"

Just a few minutes passed, and the more he pulled, her hands would hurt. The metal was driving into her skin and her strength was also running out.

With one last struggle, the king swung it open causing her to fall half way out into the open. The woman groaned as her hand came over her belly.

He stood with a smile in front of her, "My Crown Princess, I've won. Don't I get a reward?" those eyes were void of any compassion.

Quickly, the Lady tried to get up and run away only for her legs to be grabbed by him tightly. She winced in pain and with all she could, kicked at him but her efforts were left to waste.

Her front that once faced the ground was turned over with her back now to the ground. The old man crept down and sat on her waist grabbing her by the wrists.