Chapter 46

Under house arrest, he simply stayed in his chambers not even caring of another. His wife, Mo Liu along with his son Han Xue, have been moved to stay in the same palace as the queen.

This left him to be alone once again.

His palace was as always, empty, nothing lively ever ran about. He and his wife never really interacted and kept it that way. The servants also did not interfere with him.

Here, he had no one to lean on.

It was only at this time that with the position of the Crown Prince, he realized it was a lonely title. He had no one to stand by him not even his father, his mother controlled his life, he and his brother weren't on good terms, he and wife didn't bother with another, and her........he really wished he did something back then.

Everyone aimed to control him, even Minister of Personnel, Mo Yaozu.

Although spring was nearing, his palace seemed to not carry any life beginning. Snow remained but was not as occurring from the skies anymore, and the coldness remained like it always did, especially here.

"Your Highness," a female servant called him.

"Yes?"

"Someone wishes to see you." she stated.

At this point he didn't exactly care who came and simply granted their entrance. "Allow them in."

Upon the doors opening, his back was turned. He was just looking at those flowers he always received from her, which he dried out. These were the only things he was able to keep of hers that she gave him.

All else, couldn't be kept.

"Your Highness, the Crown Prince," it was her voice.

He turned back to look at her without another thought. It was her, Li Mei, no, Ha Lee.

Why was she here?

"Lady Li Mei, it would not be a good thing for you to come here." he told her.

She smiled, "You finally looked my way."

Hearing her, his eyes came to contact with her once more. He really did finally look her way after nearly 5 years.

It was the third time he cried, "..........Ha Lee" his voice torn.

Although in another's body, her soul never changed and her smile still shined brightly above others.

Even in Li Mei, he could still see that same woman.

She bowed to him, "Thank you for finding me and bringing me back."

Sobs couldn't be contained and his expression became distraught. "Why are you saying thank you? I'm the one that should be saying it."

Her gaze was warm, "It's because you found me that I was able to find what was waiting for me." it then that she began to suspect who the masked man really was.

Coming towards her, he took her hands into his and fell to his knees. It was a deep bow to convey his heart.

She chuckled softly, "Your Highness, there is no need to do this."

"I'm sorry," be began.

"I'm sorry that I always passed you by. That day you were driven away, I should've said something. If only I didn't let my pride hold me back, you would have never gone away. You would never left this world, although it was so cruel to you."