Chapter 60

Years passed with Han Yusheng as the reigning king along with his wife, Queen Ha Lee, by his side.

Although it was written in history as Queen Li Mei, to Yusheng it was Ha Lee.

Their first born child, Crown Prince Han Yuha is six years of age, along with Princess Han Yumei, just a few weeks old.

"Your Majesty, Lady Niu Xia along with her daughter, Miss Jian Yue, have come."

Ha Lee held her daughter in her arms rocking her and with a smile responded. "Let them in."

Entering, the mother and daughter pair held hands and bowed down before seating themselves at the table where Ha Lee came to shortly after putting Yumei on the bed to sleep.

Jian Yue, four years of age, is the daughter of Jian Li and Niu Xia. For now, she is the only child until her other sibling is born.

"Your Majesty, how are you doing?" she asked her friend.

Ha Lee frowned, "Niu Xia, I told you. Please just call me by my name. It's still strange to me how you address me by that title." it was unfamiliar even after years that went by.

To know someone for a long time and then be called differently was an undesired change.

The Lady giggled softly bringing her hand to cover her mouth, "Of course Ha Lee."

The queen frowned, "You can call me Li Mei too," Niu Xia now knew everything.

The Lady shook her head.

Now, she answered her question. "I am doing alright, but other than that how are you? You're pregnant." she exclaimed.

Jian Yue placed her hand over her mother's belly once she heard that. Niu Xia was about 7 months along, so of course her condition was not to be taken so lightly of.

"I'm fine don't worry about it." she waved away her worries.

"If you say so then." she sighed. "Anyways, my son is actually not enjoying any of the play dates." she told her with a long face.

"Oh, why not? Does he not like her?" worry hit the Lady.

"Well, he's what you'd call an upright boy and will NEVER lie about how he feels. He's very expressive in how much he," Ha Lee took a quick glance at her friend's daughter. "Doesn't want to see her." an awkward laugh followed.

Jian Yue's brows jerked but kept her calm with sealed lips. Her mother noticed this and simply chuckled.

"Why don't we send my daughter off to His Highness' chambers then we'll continue this conversation." Niu Xia insisted as she wanted to have a more in-depth talk about the two youngsters.

Dropping her off, the two women walked back to Ha Lee's chambers at a slow pace. "Actually, I didn't want to say what I'm about to say right now in front of her or else she'll ramble." the Lady laughed.

Her Majesty chuckled hearing her friend, "What is it?"

"I believe His Highness doesn't like my daughter because she is quite the tease. She enjoys messing with others and I believe that's disrupting His Highness' balance."