Chapter 58

"You son of a whore, you can't do this to me!" the queen screamed as she threw chests of jewelry to the floor.

Yusheng stood silently and watched as she backed away further and further to the end of the room. 

She's been found guilty for framing Crown Princess Ha Lee of stealing the Black Jade Seal of the Realm when she never did. Not only that, but not being the real queen, and as told by court, she is to be taken off that title and casted to the Cold Palace for the rest of her life. She is to never regain power or influence in the court.

Cautiously, female servants approached since she is known to be violent. The closer they came, the more the queen would trash the room.

"I AM THE TRUE QUEEN. I AM THE OWNER TO THIS TITLE!!!" she roared.

"What a joke you are right now," the prince said.

Her head snapped at him, "Say it again?" wearing a glare. 

"You should be grateful that I didn't push to have you exiled from the palace. I am simply letting you stay because I pity you." his tone looked to be mocking her after all these years.

"You scoundrel! You dare to pity me? I am the queen." she yelled and ran towards him with a raised hand.

Just when she was to hit him, he grabbed her wrist tightly causing her to groan in pain. "I find it funny how you always do this." he then threw her to the side.

She turned to him with a look of distaste.

"Growing up, you always beat me when I did something great or stood out more than Shirong. You knew my abilities would be able to expand to greater lengths than anyone and you were scared of it." his expression peeved.

She shook at the stated facts. He knew he was right as she didn't dare say anything to counter it.

Turning his back to her, he then walked away without anything else to say. However, before he could leave, her words stopped him.

"I will never say sorry to you." her gaze dead serious.

She will never and dare not say it even till the day she dies.

He simply chuckled, not in the slightest bit bothered by her words. "I don't need it." and so he walked away.

Watching him leave, she slumped down to the floor no longer having the strength to fight back. She was drained of everything after all these years filled of giving harm to others and witnessing countless deaths.

Maybe she too, got tired of it in the end.

"Imperial Concubine Jian Wei, is to be in her rightful place as Queen Dowager. Her son, Han Yusheng, formerly known as the 3rd prince, is the heir to the throne as the legitimate and only child of the late Crown Prince Han Ru and Her Majesty Queen Dowager. He shall be named Crown Prince in the time he is to await his crowning, and his wife, Lady Li Mei, shall also be named Crown Princess. The King has been a fraud, an imposter. He stole the Crown from his younger half brother, Crown Prince Han Ru, along with hiding the true identity of Her Majesty and her son. Not only that, he is also responsible for the deaths of the Ha Manor and the disappearance of Crown Princess Ha Lee, whom was accused wrongly of stealing the Black Jade Seal of the Realm. We shall pay respects to Her Highness, Crown Princess Ha Lee as her death was a tragedy. The fake king was the one who killed her out of selfishness. Let this message be known far and wide, even to the other kingdoms. The true king has returned."

Bulletin boards of this, were covered all over the country. This shockwave sent citizens into a state of frenzy. The people were enraged hearing the truths.

"Truly treacherous!"

"I've always believed it was the Jin's who killed His Highness, but all this time it was his own brother!"

"How preposterous of him to kill an innocent family just to take their daughter, the Crown Princess."

"Who would've thought that whore of a son would hide the true Crown Prince's identity from us."

The people were in uproar and only wished death upon him. They believed it was the least he could do to have the heavens forgive him although they wouldn't.

Given back her rightful title, Queen Dowager Jian Wei made her way to the Jewel Palace, where only the true queen is to reside, not the Moonlight Palace.

It was strange to her.

She waited nearly 23 years to be here, except she wanted to own this palace when her love, Han Ru became king and her beside him.

However, he wasn't here.

Entering that solemn room, she stood waiting for her son and daughter to enter.

Subconsciously, she began to walk somewhere. Her hand brushed against the drawers and touched the jars that sat on the tables before stopping at a certain window frame. She seemed to hesitate for a second to open them.

Slowly, she pushed the windows open where they creaked, having not been touched in over two decades. Looking down, she filled herself in that familiar view. Her chest tightened and brows scrunched in silent agony.

Just looking, she remembered that promise he and her made together.

"Hey!" the young Crown Prince called his Crown Princess.

Jian Wei laughed as they walked along the pavement, "Yes?" she turned to him with a smile bright as always.

The two then stopped at that same window of the Jewel Palace.

"When I become king, I want to call your name right where I am standing so you can look at me from that window." he pointed.

She chuckled, "And why so?"

"So I can tell you that I will always be with you even if I'm not here. As long as my soul shall live, you are the light in my eyes." he sheepishly grinned at her.

Her expression turned into a laughing frown, "Then it's a promise." putting out her pinkie.

He laughed seeing her actions and did the same interlocking them, "They're my words."

It was a promise that couldn't and won't ever be fulfilled.

"Ru.... I'm here....... I'll be waiting for you to call my name." she muttered softly to herself as tears slipped.

Footsteps approached, where the door opened to reveal her son and daughter. She hid her face, not wanting them to see her that moment.

Ha Lee held her husband's hand firmly and with a smile they both went to her. Reaching her, they all came into a warm embrace startling her.

"Welcome home," Yusheng spoke with a shaking voice trying not to cry.

The Crown Princess knew exactly what her mother was feeling, causing her eyes to well up, and with a tighter grip, she pulled them closer.

Queen Dowager Jian Wei, smiled faintly with flowing droplets, "I'm home."
.
.
.