Chapter 23

With the two entering the banquet, the nobles present looked on with admiration.

"She is absolutely beautiful."

"I've never seen the 3rd prince so up close but I must say that he is indeed handsome."

"They look like a match made by heaven themself."

As they walked up the stairs to to their designated area, Yusheng held her hand. He was worried that she'd possibly trip due to how long her dress was. She laughed to herself how he was being careful of her.

Sitting themselves down at the lower section of stair tops, the two just smiled at one another. Just behind where they sat, Zihao and Wen stood.

Then entered King Han Shi. Without a single word, every person in the hall bowed to their King.

"Greetings Your Majesty!"

By the raise of his hand, everyone rose from their position and left to sit at their respective place.

Now the banquet has began.

Each noble family took turns to meet the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess' son, Han Xue.

"Your Highness, he is absolutely charming." a noble lady told the Crown Princess.

Mo Liu always gave a smile back when the nobles left a comment. For certain, she loved her son, but the father?

She was not sure.

Of course she cared for him, but he hardly ever paid any attention to her nor does he ever visit her. The only times he's been with her was first day they met, the royal events, their marriage ceremony, the day their son was born, and today.

All else, he was never there for her just like how he was never there for Ha Lee, the woman that loved him till the moment she didn't.

Then, entering her view was Prince Han Yusheng and his wife, Lady Li Mei.

As she always would, she stood to bow to her brother-in-law and his wife before sitting down. The visiting pair also did the same.

"Your Highness, your son is quite the adorable one." her eyes seemed to be in awe of the sleeping child.

The Crown Princess gave a huffed chuckle at her remarks. "His cheeks are quite big aren't they?" gently pinching them.

As the two women conversed, the brothers simply exchanged a few words. The last time they spoke to one another was that day Shirong shut him away with his fist. Ever since then, they've ignored each other.

"How are you and your wife?" the Crown Prince asked his younger brother.

"Fine,"

Then came random question, "Had any sex yet?"

Even at this, Yusheng's face remained straight but still quite agitated towards his blood.

"Don't want to." he never exactly craved or desired for such a thing.

"Mm......" Shirong mumbled with no interest.

This conversation was an unwanted one.

Looking to the side, Yusheng watched as his wife spoke with the Crown Princess. Her lips curled with delight and eyes that seemed to sparkle.