Chapter 31

Today, as Yusheng sparred with Li Dai, his situation seemed to have improved, but his heart could not let go. Whenever he practiced with anyone, he would overpower and sometimes even hurt the other person unintentionally without realizing.

Every kick and punch the prince threw at his friend, Li Dai blocked it effortlessly but only to finally snap.

Immediately, his hands grabbed a hold of the arm coming towards him and locked it behind his back before kicking his feet off the ground to fall.

"Hey, get a hold of yourself!" the young man yelled at him.

The prince looked like as though he were dead and could only use his strength to rid of that feeling. "I am....." his voice cold and without feeling.

"I want to ask what's going on but I feel like I can't. It's like if I do, he'll break."

"Go take a breather." he pushed his friend off to go take some time for himself.

Just as he said that, the Minister of Defense, Jian Li, came running to the young prince.

"Your Highness!!!" he yelled out of breath.

This Minister was the youngest official in the court being in his mid-twenties.

Turning his head at the direction of that voice, he simply stood in place just waiting for him to get closer. However, this only resulted in the man running to trip and fall on his front.

Everyone around them stopped for a split second then shortly returned to what they were doing.

Still, Yusheng kept his poker face while Li Dai quickly went to help him up to his feet.

"Minister Jian Li, are you alright?!" the General's son asked.

Slowly, he brought himself up to sit and grabbed the dropped scroll he was to give to the prince. Coming to his feet, he patted down his robes to make himself presentable, before walking towards His Highness.

Rather than just stand there, the 3rd prince walked to the man to shorten the distance. ".....Are you okay?" he asked concerned but puzzled at the same time.

He sniffled, "Thank you, Your Highness and Young Master Li, I am alright. Anyways, I am here to deliver this message to you, Your Highness." he cleared his throat.

The two friends looked at one another with a questioning gaze then to the official.

With the scroll he dropped not too long ago, he presented it before His Highness.

Raising a brow, he unraveled the delivered message and began to read aloud, enough for the three to hear.

"The 3rd prince, Han Yusheng, is to enter battle at the frontlines. With the war pending, General Li has already been dispatched. At the order of His Royal Majesty, His Highness is to be deployed as soon as possible along with General Li's son, Li Dai."

He froze for a moment as his eyes met with his friend's who was in shock, then to the messenger.

"Arrange an audience with the King for me this very instant." he demanded in a rage.

Enthusiastically, he bowed to him, "Please follow me Your Highness, His Majesty is already waiting."

As the two individuals walked, the prince had already known there was a hidden objective.

"Is there a reason why you sent this message yourself and not a servant?" he questioned.

Jian Li chuckled, "Your Highness, you are very bright as they say......" admitting his motives. "I am not asking for anything but to be your truthful follower. I will help you in any situation even till death."