Chapter 40

Days turned into weeks and still, Li Mei has yet to be found.

Where could she have possibly gone?

General Li Chen and his son, Li Dai with the help of Han Yusheng, helped in the searches that lasted from dusk till dawn.

Lady Fu Lin couldn't even do anything but pray that her daughter was safe.

The room was dim.

That's what she first saw when her eyes opened. She tried to move her limbs only to realize that they've been tied down at each corner of this table she lied on. Her mouth also had a thick layering of cloth tied around, probably to limit her speech and any sounds.

Not only that, she was naked.

She didn't remember how she got here. All she knew was that after her brother left to talk privately with someone about their personal matters at home, she was told to wait for him. Just moments after he left she was greeted by a man who threw a sort of powder on her.

Looking around, she noticed a figure moving about in the room. The man was clothed in a olive shade.

Then, his movements slowed to turn behind him. He smiled, "Miss, why are you awake? I guess the herbal powder I made didn't last as long as I wanted it to." his lips shifted into a smirk.

She was supposed to remain unconscious for another few hours.

"I need to drain you now." he spoke holding a knife.

Her eyes widened in fright and began to scream only for it to be a muffled cry. He was that same man who greeted her that day.

She shook frantically until she couldn't, and so came darkness.

In a foreign room, there did Li Mei's body lie on a monument table. A few hours had passed as she has now been drained of her blood and clothed with nicely refined robes.

The same man who drained her body began to cast words from his mouth.

Black Magic

"Back to the Earth,
Come,
You who yearns for this soul,
As your lightened path is paved,
Take the different one,
Come back,
The person dressed in red has called your name,
Your soul shall be reborn anew,
By the symbol of a white butterfly,
Find the light,
The Luna Moth shall guide you,
Follow the light."

At the side, sat a young man, Crown Prince Han Shirong, drenched in blood. Visible through that red covering was a tattooed symbol of the moth.

Not long after those said words, an orb of light seemed to entered the room.

It drifted along the place before it came along the Young Miss's body and fell through. Her body twitched before becoming still as it was before.

Later, Shirong sat in the bath washing the blood off his skin. Getting clear, all he needed to do was soak in.

"Your Highness, it is best we let her rest for a couple of days so the blood can return inside the body, doing so she'll then awaken." he informed. "If she does not awaken within a week however, we must let her go." he spoke standing to the side.

By the spell, the blood that was once coated on Shirong will slowly come back to the body. It was used as a way for the Luna Moth and the white butterfly to connect, in order to give guide to the spirit to flow in.

"As long as I can meet her again, everything is alright with me." he spoke solemnly as he stood.

"Anything you please, Your Highness."