Chapter 18

This early morning, walking through the entrance of the Mirror Palace was Wen and Zihao.

As they walked, the man couldn't help but feel nervous. He left the day before the family perished.

Upon hearing the news, he didn't care about finding his family anymore. Rather, his family was the one that died that night, causing the uproar of the nation.

Reaching their destination, his chest pounded relentlessly. All he could think of, was what he do or say. She was like his younger sister. They grew up together, played together, and ate together.

This felt like a reunion. 

"My Lady, I've brought the man, Zihao." she called.

Inside the chambers, the Lady's lips curled. "Please, bring him in."

The door slid open, and the two entered. Upon shutting the frame, the man was met with her. A woman who felt so familiar yet different due to her appearance.

Physically and internally, he felt the panic within arise.

He laughed with doubt, "Heh, you're joking right? This isn't her. She's just some woman in the palace.... SHE ISN'T MY HA LEE!" he screamed with a shaking voice.

Li Mei looked away then to her longtime friend, "Zihao, I promise it's me." her eyes glistened. She stood from where she sat and came towards him with an embrace.

"I am Ha Lee, the fallen Crown Princess of the Crown Prince who he threw away. Only I know that back at the Ha Manor, you would hide under the house building to cry when you missed your family who had left you behind." spilling a fact that only she knew and no other.

Slowly, with hesitation, his arms wrapped around her. Tears slipped from his eyes, "Ha Lee....... why, why are you so different now? What happened to you?" his voice broke along with his heart that tried so hard to find her these past years.

After, the two sat as she explained everything. Li Mei spoke of how those two men who took her, were the mastermind's arms and legs. She would then also go on to explain the horrific things done to her during the few months she suffered there, that dark and lonely place, and her life now.

It was a miracle how she was still able to stay sane after what happened to her. No one would be in their right mind if that ever happened to them.

In a loud whisper, he shouted, "You're married to the 3rd prince?!" shock present on his face.

She smacked his arm to hush him. "He's a kind person, don't act like that." defending her husband.

He looked at her with pouting eyes from her hit. "But anyways, you want me to help you get information on those two men? Don't you know how dangerous that is? They are the two most gruesome bastards I've ever heard of." warning her.

She nodded her head without a doubt at her decision, "Yes, I'll have the palace know that you were sent here as my personal guard from the Li Family. Now, go to your room and change, you're my protector once again." shooing him away.

He simply heeded her words as Wen then lead him to his room. On the way there, the two conversed rather comfortably.

"Wen," he called.

"Yes?"

"Thank you for finding me."

She smiled at those words. "You are very welcome."
.
.
.