Chapter 35

As the night went on, men still fought with every breath on the fields of death. There was not a place where the clash of swords couldn't be heard.

Soldiers roared and screamed in agony as they fell one by one.

Yusheng in his protective armor, held his sword tightly within his grasp as he slain every enemy that came before him.

Not too long ago, he was riding his horse until it was shot down multiple times before falling.

The blood of many covered him along with his sword that carried the lives of whom he never knew.

He then roared to the skies, as if he were challenging the heavens, his destiny.

The Sui Kingdom, although not in union were still overpowering the Jin Kingdom by brute force.

Soon enough, the battle was over leaving Sui's the victors.

"Father, I have matters to report," Li Dai's voice called him from outside his tent.

"Come in."

"The recent battle was won by the troops of Han Yusheng not too long ago, but resulted in casualties of over half the men deployed." a brief summary of the report sent in.

The General sighed deeply, "Are those soldiers still not listening to him?"

He shook his head, "I've heard some say that 'He's only a concubine's son so there's no need to even follow his orders" and 'His Majesty sent him here to die on the battlefields so he wouldn't have to kill him himself.'"

"If anymore of that talk spreads, be sure to send them to me."

"Of course, and I need to ask you something?"

"Help yourself,"

Li Dai cleared his throat, "How come His Highness, the Crown Prince, was not sent here? Isn't it only right that he comes instead of the 3rd prince?"

"Actually, neither of the two princes or you, were supposed to even come. Sir Ha Ru was to instead and I don't know exactly why, but the order was changed to have him stay behind at the capital." the change of plans within the palace.

"Apparently, someone advised His Majesty to leave him behind and send one of the princes or so I've heard."

"But isn't that strange?" noticing how bizarre that is.

"Wouldn't that weaken the formation placing everyone in peril? Other than that, risking the royal line!" stating the real matters.

"I know son, sometimes I do think the orders given are absurd. I just want to go home to my wife...... you and Mei too." he awkwardly grinned at the end.

The young man's nose scrunched, ".........Of course" almost rolling his eyes.

"You and mother are too affectionate and rub it everywhere. I'd prefer if you guys stayed in a VERY private room."

It was only after a while, that the General picked up his presence. "Your Highness, you can come out now. There's no need to hide." he chuckled.

Yusheng also did the same, "General, I'd also prefer if you called me by my name instead like Li Dai."

"My head would go off if I did Your Highness." General Li speaking the obvious.

The prince gave a look of satisfaction,"Suit yourself."

"How long have you been listening?" Li Dai asked.

"Since the beginning."

The young man sighed, "Don't mind those comments about you, just keep your head high."