Chapter 34

"Mother please, we can't leave father like this!" Ha Lee screamed against her struggle to run after him.

Lady Yue Ying let go of her son and shook her daughter by the shoulders, "Lee! This isn't about your father, brother, or I. It's about you!" pointing out the situation.

"There are men after you and you must run away. I must take you two as far away from here as possible or else he will get you." she spoke in agony.

The Young Miss was speechless to those words and was pulled along with her brother to the doors to leave.

Reaching there, the Lady pulled to open, only for them to not. "Help me open the doors." she told the two.

They pulled as hard as they could, yet it still did not budge. Suddenly, the Lady began to slam her fists against the wooden structure, "SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP US!!!" her face in distress and sweat becoming present.

Devastation hit them.

Xueqin whose eyes were elsewhere, widened. "Is that......fire?" he pointed out.

The two women looked back to see what it was he was talking about. Once their gaze fell upon it, their hearts dropped.

"Wait...... father's there! We need to save him." Ha Lee screamed.

With this, their mother took their hands and ran to the main quarters of Lady Yue Ying and Sir Han Ru.

There, inside the bedroom, she pulled off the floor cover revealing what seemed to be a hidden room.

Opening it she urged them, "Get in."

The two did as told without objection. However, they then realized she wasn't coming in.

"Why aren't you getting in?" the Young Miss said.

The Lady turned silent. Her expression that was distorted with grief turned into a forced smile. "I will always be with you." those curled lips faded and sobs entered.

Her hand on the handle, she shut the opening. This caused Ha Lee to panic with Xueqin silent, not knowing what to do.

He couldn't even speak

"Mother, MOTHER!!!"

The woman cried as she ran to do what it was that had to be done.

Darkness was all it was in that space where the two siblings lied.

The fire was spreading fast, having already reached the other buildings and taking it down along with the servants' quarters.

A young man laughed in this dark night illuminated by the glare of flames. "Sir Ha Ru, I advise you just put your sword down. I wouldn't want to be the one to do it." Liang spoke.

The owner of the Manor clutched his sword tightly while his other hand clenched his belly. What seemed to be a piece of his insides, hung outside it's confinement.

That organ was already cut through, split into two parts and was now exposed to the suffocating air.

"Hey, Shing!" the man yelled to his partner.

His sword drove into a guard's chest, digging deeply, before pulling it out with a swing to rid of the excess blood.

"What?"

A smirk came on his face, "Remember, we must take Her Highness back to him."

His expression was cold, "That fucking disgusting bastard? He has sick tendencies." his voice was as always unwelcoming to others.