Chapter 20

After lunch, Sméagol took the dirty utensils, and washed them himself while Lea checked her text messages. It was a very long-winded text from Ivan. She tapped it to make her phone read it out loud to her.

"Lea, I know you saw me come in with Val last night, and I just wanna explain. She and I are together now. She is a much better girlfriend than you ever were to me. She treats me better. She's so much hotter, and she's way better in bed. Lea, life with you was fucking hell. I don't know why I didn't dump you a long time ago. Oh, that's right, because you guilted me into staying with you. You said you would die if I ever left you. That wasn't the only time you made me feel guilty, Lea. You made me feel like shit all the time. Literally everything I said hurt your fucking feelings, and you always made me feel like a piece of shit for it. I'm sick and tired of censoring myself around you just to protect your precious sensitive feelings. Well, I'm done. I'm telling you the God's honest truth now, and I honestly don't give a flying fuck if I hurt your feelings. You are an overly sensitive, manipulative, controlling, overly needy, overly clingy bitch from hell! You eat like a God damned pig, which is beyond disgusting. You are unbelievably fat, so for the sake of humanity and my permanently traumatized dick, lose some fucking weight. Get Lipoed if you have to. I don't care. Just get rid of the excess fat. Seeing you naked never got me hard. It scarred me so much; my dick actually inverted. Not to mention, you were the worst fucking lover I've ever fucked. Val, on the other hand, has a perfect body. No disgusting fat rolls to make me gag every time I see her naked. She gives me way better sex, and she doesn't make me wanna slit my wrists every fucking day of my life. So, if what you said was true, that you would die without me, well, good fucking riddens, fat, ugly bitch! Go fuck yourself!"

Lea was so shocked and overwhelmed by Ivan's message that she didn't even bother to exit out of the app. She just turned off the screen, put the phone down, and ran over to the couch to grab her blanket as she fell into a nasty meltdown. Depending on the severity of her meltdowns, they can involve anything from crying to hyperventilating. Every now and then, she would have what was called a SIB meltdown. SIB stands for "self-injurious behavior," and for her, it usually involved hitting and punching herself. This particular meltdown was one of her most severe ones that involved hysterical sobbing and hyperventilating, and yes, hitting and punching her legs.

Sméagol hurried over, and placed a large pillow in her lap for her to punch instead.

She punched it for a few seconds, but its soft material calmed the SIB, until it stopped altogether. However, she was still crying hysterically and hyperventilating.

Sméagol wrapped his arms around her, and pulled her into a warm embrace. "Shhh. It's alright, my precious," he said softly as he stroked and played with her hair. "It's alright. Sméagol's here. Sméagol's here, Precious."

"I'm sorry," Lea sobbed.

"Why is it sorry, Precious?" Sméagol asked.

"Sorry you had to see this." Lea struggled to talk. "I... I didn't mean to meltdown in front of you."

"Awww, it's alright, Precious. It doesn't have to be sorry. It did nothing wrong." He tried to think of something that would make her feel a little better. Then, he remembered the song she sang the night before, "Walk Beside Me." He continued holding her as he softly sang it to her.

The sound of Sméagol's sweet voice calmed Lea down. She stopped hyperventilating, and her hysterical sobbing softened into quiet sobbing.

Sméagol wrapped Lea's blanket around her, and kept holding and caressing her.

"What's wrong with me?" Lea whispered.

"What?"

"He asked me that once. We were having a fight, and he caused me to have a meltdown like the one I just had. I tried to talk, and everything I said made no sense or made things worse. Then, he got mad at me, and he asked me, 'What is wrong with you?' Even though I got upset and defensive with him for that, I was secretly wondering the same thing. It's something I ask myself all the time, ever since I was a kid." She began to cry again. "What the hell is wrong with me? Why can't I be good enough for anyone? Why do I screw up every freaking relationship I've ever had? Why can't I stop hurting people?"

"What's it saying, my precious, my love?" Gollum asked sweetly.

"He's not the first person to say all that stuff to me. I mean, except for the part about being a bad lover. No one's ever said that to me before, because he was the only guy I've ever had sex with. But, everything else... I've heard it my whole fucking life, from multiple people, and so it... it must be true... right?"

"No," Sméagol whispered. "It's not true, Precious. You're a sweet, beautiful, kindhearted human, and we loves you very much."

"It makes us angry what Ivan says to you," Gollum growled. "I have said horrible things before, but I would never, ever say that to anyone, not even our worst enemies!"

"No, never has it said anything like that before," Sméagol agreed, "ever."

"And, we could never say it to Lea." Gollum caressed Lea's shoulder.

"And, we would never leave her. We would never turn on her."

"Never. She's our friend. Gollum! Gollum!"

Lea giggled through her tears. "I love when you do that, Gollum."

Gollum smiled. "I'm glad we could make our precious laugh."

"You're awesome friends. I'm really grateful for you."

"We're grateful for you, too, Precious," Sméagol said sweetly as he hugged her and kissed her cheek. "We always be here for you."

"Same here," Lea said as she closed her eyes. She was so exhausted from her explosive meltdown. She began to fall asleep in Sméagol's arms as he caressed her head, shoulders, and back.