Chapter 80

That night, Lea lay in bed, next to Sméagol, who was wearing his bunny onesie. "It's not fair, Sméagol."

"What isn't fair, Precious?" he asked sweetly.

"There was so much I wanted to do with my life, so many things that meant so much to me that I really wanted to do."

"Like what?"

"Like... going to see Celtic Woman with you. We were supposed to go see them in May, but... I'll be dead by then. Even if I'm still alive, I'll be too sick to go. Or... my album? I finally finished it, but... I won't get to do anything with it."

"What does it mean?"

"I wanted to travel around, singing the songs from the album, as well as covering some of my favorite songs, tell my story through my music, and maybe help other people going through similar stuff I went through. Or... go to Ireland?"

"Didn't it already go to Ireland?"

"Yeah, twice, but... I wanted to go with you this time. I wanted to share my love of Irish culture with you, show you the places I went that meant the most to me, and..."

"What else, Precious?"

"Nothing, nothing else," Lea stammered. "I just... There was so much I wanted to do, and now..." She sighed heavily. "Now, all those dreams... they'll never come true, because... I don't have enough time... and I'm too sick."

Sméagol thought for a moment. "I be right back," he whispered as he hurried out of the room, and came back in with a photo album. He climbed back into bed with Lea, and snuggled up next to her as he opened the album.

"Those are the pictures from my first trip to Ireland," said Lea.

"Yes," he said. "Tell me about them. Tell Sméagol all about Ireland."

"Well... I went with my grandfather the first time," she said, "and when we got their, we walked around Grafton Street. That's the heart of Dublin. There's a whole bunch of shops and restaurants, and so many musicians and dancers and performers. It's so cool."

Sméagol's eyes glistened as he and Lea flipped through the photos while she described her trip. It was almost as if she was actually there again, but this time, with him, reliving and sharing every special moment with him. For a few moments, she forgot all about her prognosis, and felt nothing but pure joy.