Chapter 103

Lea and Sméagol's wedding was a month later. They both wanted the theme to be Celtic Woman, so Lea's wedding gown was a long, white, strapless stage gown with a veil she could remove after the ceremony. All the bride's maids were wearing different color stage gowns that resembled the dresses worn in various Celtic Woman shows. They also wanted a bit of a sweatery theme, so instead of tuxedoes and suits, all of Sméagol's groom's men were wearing soft, black, pullover sweaters. Sméagol, of course, wore a black zip-up sweater, because, well, do we need to explain it again?

Sméagol's groom's men included Sam, Frodo, Bilbo, Gandalf, Adam, and Damian, and his best man was Déagol. Lea's bride's maids were Aini, Madilyn, Galadriel, Alyssa, Kathy, and Rachel, and Bri was her maid of honor. Meredith, of course, was the flower girl. However, in this particular wedding, due to Lea's sensory issues, there were no rings, so no ring bearer was needed. Best of all, and a huge surprise to Lea, was who would be performing at the ceremony and the wedding reception.

"How do I look, Mom?" asked Lea.

Delaney smiled. "Like a Celtic Princess."

"Gosh, I can't believe I'm actually getting married." Lea laughed in disbelief. "I didn't think it would actually happen. I mean, I never thought I would find real love, but..."

"But, you did, and he really loves you. He loves you so much, just the way you are. I could tell none of the other guys you dated truly loved you, but Sméagol... Gollum... the love you have with him is so rare and hard to find. I know you're gonna be so happy together, and you'll be with each other forever."

Lea smiled. "Thanks, Mom."

Delaney hugged her daughter. "I love you, Sweetheart." Then, she took hold of her hand. "Come on. Time for you to get married."

As a very Irish version of "Here Comes the Bride" began to play, Lea's mother walked her down the aisle, and proudly gave her away to Sméagol.

Sméagol turned to see his bride, and his eyes glistened at how devastatingly beautiful she looked to him.

The minister introduced the bride and groom, and read a few verses from the Bible. Then, it was time for the vows.

"My precious," said Gollum, "before we met you, we didn't know anything about love... or friendship... or kindness. We wanted to love and be loved in return, but we did not know how. You showed us. You came into our life, and you gave us the love we longed for."

"Our heart was broken and corrupted by the ring," said Sméagol. "All we could think about was that silly ring, but you reminded us what really mattered. Love, kindness, friendship, acceptance, God, and now, we stands before you, and when we looks at you, we knows God is real."

"Yes, God is real, and he is good. Love is real, and your love for us is beautiful and precious. So many saw us as a monster, and after everything we did to them, they were right. But, you looked at us, and saw nothing but good. You showed us that we are good, that we are capable of loving others, and that we have so much to offer this world."

"We will spend the rest of our life, loving you unconditionally, being faithful to you, and we will stay right by your side through it all. We will not walk away when things get hard. We will stay, and we will fight for you, always."

"My love, you are our precious, and you always will be."

Everyone wiped tears from their eyes, listening to Gollum and Sméagol's vows. They could hear it in his voice and see it all over his face how much he truly loved Lea.

"When I first met you, my life was a hot mess," said Lea. "I was a hot mess. Got my heart broken for the zillionth time, betrayed by yet another friend, all that fun stuff. But, you were there for me through it all. No, I never looked at you, and saw a villain or a bad guy. I saw someone who was truly good, who was struggling and hurting even worse than I was, and I was drawn to you. Your personality... personalities..."

Gollum smiled.

"Your voice, your adorableness, your... everything... pulled me in, and I'm glad it did, because you saved my life. You were everything I was looking for in a guy, and so much more. Before you came along, I thought, am I ever gonna find a guy that just... loves me? Accepts me? Someone who can be patient with me, and not make me feel worse about myself? Then, you come along, and you not only love and accept me, but you think all my flaws and quirks are beautiful. You encourage me to be myself, and you make me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world. You are a rare blessing. You are so good and kind and wonderful, and this world needs more of you. I promise I will do my absolute best to never take you for granted. I'd be an idiot if I ever did."

Everyone laughed.

"I'll always be there when you need me. I'm gonna stick with you through the good, the bad, the ugly, all of it. I will always be faithful. Basically, you're stuck with me, so get used to it." She shot him a very flirty but genuine smile.

Everyone laughed louder.

"And, now," said the minister, "we have a very special performance. Four lovely ladies from Ireland have graciously accepted our request for them to perform on this very special day. Please welcome Celtic Woman!"

Everyone clapped as Lea's jaw hit the floor. "Celtic Woman?!" she gasped. "What?!"

"Surprise, Precious," a very excited Sméagol whispered.

Lea tried to contain her enthusiasm as the girls walked up on stage to perform a very beautiful, acoustic rendition of "You Raise Me Up," with Lloyd Butler accompanying them on the piano. When they finished, everyone leaped up, and cheered and applauded loudly as Lea tried to catch her breath.

Then, it was time for the I-Do's. "Do you, Lea, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?" the minister asked. "Do you promise to love, honor, and cherish him, for richer or poorer, for better or worse, in sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?"

Lea suddenly burst into tears of pure joy. "I do." She couldn't believe she was actually saying those two words.

"And, do you, Sméagol and Gollum, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife? Do you promise to love, honor, and cherish her, for richer or poorer, for better or worse, in sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do," Sméagol replied.

"I do," Gollum also replied, nearly in tears himself.

The minister smiled proudly. "Then, by the power vested in me by the state of Georgia, I now pronounce you Husband and Wife. You may kiss your bride."

Everyone cheered and applauded once again, watching Sméagol lift Lea's veil, and kissing her passionately as a Celtic version of "The Wedding March" began to play.