Chapter 59

On Christmas morning, Lea, Sméagol, and Aini met up at Bri and Damian's for breakfast and gift exchange.

"So, I remember your family used to make you sausage gravy and biscuits every Christmas," Bri said to Lea, "so we decided to start doing that. However, since I can't handle spicy food, I made a separate batch just for me."

"Spicy?" Sméagol inquired.

"Yeah, my grandparents always made it a little spicy," said Lea, "but not too much."

Sméagol took a bite of the sausage gravy. "Mmmm, we likes it."

Lea grinned.

After breakfast, the friends all gathered around the Christmas tree to open presents.

Aini was the first one to hand out her gifts to everyone. "Here you go, Bri," she said, placing Bri's gift in her lap.

"Thank you, Aini," Bri said as she tore off the wrapping paper, and gasped with pure joy when she saw what Aini had given her. "It's a baby book with angels on the front!" she cried. "Awwwww, thank you so much, Aini! It's adorable!"

"You're welcome," said Aini as she placed Damian's gift in his lap.

Damian opened his gift. "Ahh, sweet!" he said enthusiastically. "It's the new Far Cry game!"

"Which one?" asked Sméagol.

"Far Cry: New Dawn."

Sméagol gasped happily. "Oh, we can't wait to play it with you!"

Damian smiled and nodded.

"Okay, Lea, your turn," Aini said, handing Lea her gift.

"Ooh, there's something soft inside," Lea said, removing the paper excitedly. "Oh, my gosh!" she cried out. "It's a soft, fluffy, tickly sweater!"

Bri laughed softly.

"Look what it says on the front," said Aini.

Lea did so. "Celtic Woman Fan 4 Life!" She hugged the sweater to her chest. "Thank you so much, Aini! I'm gonna wear this to the next concert I go to!"

Aini smiled. "You're so welcome, Lea. I'm glad you like it."

"I love it." She rubbed it against her face, and ran her hands all over it, squealing softly. "It's so soft and fluffy and cuddly and snuggly and fuzzy and tickly!"

Aini, Bri, and Damian laughed softly.

Sméagol smiled at Lea, giggling sweetly.

"And, of course, I didn't forget you, Sméagol and Gollum," Aini said, handing him his gift.

"Oh, oh, oh, oh!" Sméagol was very excited to open his gift. He quickly removed the paper, and pulled out a sweater just like Lea's, except in his size. "It made us a Celtic Woman sweater, too?"

"Yes, I did," said Aini. "I know you're both fans now, and I thought it would be cute for you to have matching sweaters."

Sméagol hugged the sweater, giggling like a sweet, innocent little boy.

"So, you like it?"

"We loves it, Aini," he said sweetly. "Thank you, Precious."

"What about you, Gollum? You like the sweater?"

Gollum smiled warmly. "Very much, Precious. It's beautiful. Thank you."

Aini smiled. "You're both very welcome.