Chapter 36

After karaoke, Sméagol walked Lea home, and the two of them sat on the front porch swing. He wrapped his arm around her, and she rested her head on his shoulder.

"I had a great time tonight," Lea said peacefully.

"Us, too, Precious," said Sméagol.

"I kinda don't want it to end."

"It doesn't have to, my love. We sit here, and talk for a while."

"Sounds good."

Sméagol looked up at the night sky. "It's beautiful tonight, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is."

"Can it see the stars?"

"No. I've never been able to see stars. They look too small for me. I wish I could, though. I've always wanted to."

"We wish you could."

"Wait, but... I thought you hated light."

"We did."

"Not anymore, though?"

"No."

"What changed your mind?"

"When we realized it won't hurt us."

"You were scared of it?"

"Yes, we was."

"Because, you were so used to living in darkness."

"Yes. Now, we knows what we've been missing. It's beautiful." Sméagol looked at Lea. "Not as beautiful as you, Precious. You shine brighter than the sun in Sméagol's eyes."

Lea felt very emotional. "You are so unbelievably sweet."

"Awww." Sméagol held Lea closer, and gently caressed her face.

"You know, when you said you wouldn't change anything about me, well... same goes for me. I wouldn't change anything about you, either."

"Oh, but you did. You did, Precious."

"How?"

"We forgot what love was, how it feels, how to love people. You reminded us."

"And, I never knew what love was," said Gollum. "I never felt it before. Nobody ever loved me, and I never loved anybody. Then, it shows us what it is. It never judges us, even after knowing what we did. Lea, my precious, you brought out the best in us, because you accepts us."

"Because, I know how awful it feels when people judge you, and they don't accept you," said Lea. "I know how it feels when people treat you like trash. It sucks."

"Yes, it does, Precious."

"But, when I met you, you were kind to me, and I liked you right away. You never did anything to hurt me."

"We had no reason to. You didn't know about the Precious."

"And, even when I found out what it was, I didn't want it. Plus, Aini told me I'm immune to it, because of my sensory issues."

"Well, my precious, even if you did know, even if you did want it, we would still never hurt you."

"No," said Sméagol, "because you means too much to us."

"Well, you didn't really have control over what that thing made you do," said Lea, "so I wouldn't be mad at you if you did try to hurt me, because I know it wouldn't be your fault."

"But, if we ever hurts you, we would do anything to make it up to you."

"I know you would, and I would forgive you right away. The ring, on the other hand, not so much. I'd wanna throw it in the toilet, take a huge dump on it, and flush it."

Sméagol laughed.

Lea looked at Sméagol with a gleem in her eyes. Sméagol continued caressing her face as he leaned in, and softly kissed her lips.

Lea flashed the brightest smile, and suddenly lost her breath. "I love you," she whispered.

Sméagol's eyes widened. "What did you say?" he asked breathlessly.

"I said I love you. I love you, Sméagol, Gollum. I love you." Her eyes filled with tears. "I love you so much."

Sméagol suddenly began sobbing. "I love you, too, my precious."

"So, so much," Gollum cried, "we loves you."

Lea kissed his lips as he continued holding her and caressing her face. He looked deep into her eyes, and knew instantly that he was truly loved.