Chapter 96

That evening, while Lea rested, Sméagol ordered a pizza for them both. He brought it upstairs, along with a two-liter bottle of cold Dr. Pepper they would both share. He placed the pizza box and the bottle on top of the dresser as he changed into his onesie. Then, he carried the pizza and drink over to Lea's bedside table, and gently tapped her shoulder to wake her up. "Precious?" he said sweetly.

Lea opened her eyes. "Huh?" she moaned groggily.

"I brings you dinner."

"What is it?"

"Pizza."

Lea sat up as Sméagol climbed into bed with her, and the two of them enjoyed a delicious dinner together.

"That was really good," said Lea. "Thanks."

"You're welcome, Precious," said Sméagol.

"I'll be right back."

Lea slowly made her way to the bathroom as Sméagol cleaned up the trash. Then, he crawled into bed, and waited patiently for her to finish up. He wiped a few tears from his eyes, thinking of how she struggled to do the simplest things, and wishing he could take all her pain away.

A few minutes later, Lea finally came back in, and crawled into bed with Sméagol.

"Awww, come here, Sweetheart," he said sweetly as he wrapped his arms, legs, and tail around her, and they snuggled up under both sweater blankets. "How does it feel?" he asked as he gently caressed her cheeks.

"Okay, I guess," Lea said tiredly. "What did you think of the concert?"

"Ohh, it was beautiful. You were right, Precious. It did mesmerize me. Now, I truly understands why you wanted to share this experience with me. It was magical, and I loved every moment of it. The girls are lovely, sweet angels, just like you." He kissed her cheek. "Their voices are so beautiful. Everything about them is so precious and beautiful."

"I wish Gollum could've experienced it, too."

"Oh, he would've loved it."

"You know, during the whole thing, I forgot that I was sick. I mean, it was at the back of my mind, but it wasn't bothering me. I was more focused on the moment, and it was really special."

"It was, Precious, very special, very magical."

"I didn't think I'd even be alive long enough for it, but for some reason, I stayed alive longer than the doctor said I would. I'm not even feeling as bad as I thought i would be feeling if I did make it this long. I don't know what it was, but something kept me going, and I think it was you."

Sméagol smiled.

"You've been keeping me going since this whole thing started. Hell, you've been keeping me going since... since we first met. You've been an angel to me. I don't know how much longer I'll be around, but... I wanna make every second of it count. I wanna cherish every second with you."

Sméagol caressed Lea's head. "Oh, you have, my precious, my love. You have. Every moment with you has been special... and wonderful... and magical. In my whole life, I have never felt so loved by anyone as I do with you." He felt a few tears come. "And, I have never loved anyone as much as I loves you."

"I love you, too," Lea yawned.

"Awww, is it getting sleepy, Precious?"

"Yeah."

"Does it want me to sing a lullaby?"

"I would love that, and after you do, I want you to take a break. Maybe go for a walk or something."

"Alright, my love." Sméagol held her tightly, and sang her the song he had written for her as he caressed her all over, planting little kisses all over her face and head. Then, he carefully and quietly crawled out of bed, trying very hard not to disturb her rest. He tiptoed out of the room, down the stairs, and out the door.