Chapter 98

A couple hours later, Lea woke up to see Sméagol sitting next to her in the bed, watching over her. He gently caressed her head.

"My precious..."

"Gollum?" said Lea.

"Yes."

"You're back?"

"Yes, my love, I am."

"Good," Lea said groggily but happily.

"We finds the Precious."

Lea suddenly became worried. "You... you did?"

Gollum leaned over, and kissed Lea's lips.

Lea smiled. "Oh, you mean me?"

"What else would we be talking about, my love?"

"So, you didn't find the ring?"

"Oh, we finds it," said Sméagol.

"Where is it?"

Sméagol smiled at Lea. "It's gone, Precious. We destroys it."

"You did?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because... we loves you so much more," said Gollum. "You matters more to us than the Precious, because you are the true Precious. You saved us, taught us so much, loved us, and showed us how to love in return."

"We loves you so, so much, Precious," said Sméagol, "and however long you have left, we wants to spend the rest of that time with you."

Lea's heart fluttered when she realized what was happening.

Gollum took her hand in both of his. "Our precious, will you marry us?"

"Yes, will you marry us, Baby?" Sméagol asked excitedly.

"Yes!" Lea cried as tears of joy streamed down her face.

Gollum threw his arms around her, and kissed her passionately. "We loves you!" he cried happily. "We loves you so much!"

"I loves you, too," Lea sniffled, "and Gollum, I'm so freaking glad you're back."

"I am, too, Precious," Gollum sniffled. "I'm so sorry I left you, my precious. I only wanted to protect you and Sméagol."

"I know. I get it."

Just then, Aini popped her head in. "Psst, Sméagol," she whispered, "come here a sec."

"We be right back, Precious," Sméagol whispered, kissing Lea's cheek, and following Aini out into the hall. "What is it, our precious friend?"

Aini handed him a small box. "Give her this," she said.

"What is it?" asked Gollum.

"It's a ring."

"But... she doesn't likes rings," said Sméagol.

Aini smiled. "She'll like this one."

Sméagol opened the box, and looked at the ring. It was knitted with all the colors of the rainbow. "It's a sweater ring?" he inquired.

"Yep."

Sméagol hurried back in, and climbed back into bed with Lea. "We have something for you, Precious." He took hold of Lea's left hand, and slipped the soft, fluffy ring on her finger. "How does it feel?"

Lea smiled. "It feels good, really comfortable. It's so soft."

"It's a sweater ring," said Gollum.

Lea laughed softly. "It tickles."

Sméagol giggled. "Awww, you're so cute."

They stayed up for a couple more hours, watching another Celtic Woman DVD and catching up. Then, they got ready for bed together, and fell asleep in each other's arms.