Chapter 32

That evening, Bri helped Lea get ready for her date. Lea picked out her favorite dress—a long, green, strapless dress. She slipped her feet into a pair of white dress sandals. Bri did her makeup and curled her hair. Then, she sprayed her with her favorite perfume.

Lea looked in the mirror and smiled. Then, she turned to Bri. "How do I look?"

Bri smiled. "Like an Irish Disney Princess."

Just then, the doorbell rang, and Bri hurried downstairs to answer it. "Hey, Sméagol. Lea will be down in a second." She took another look at Sméagol. "Wow, don't you look nice?"

Sméagol was wearing a pair of dress pants and a very soft, pullover sweater. He smiled at Bri. "Thank you, Precious."

"Just so you know, Lea's gonna be all over you, because of that sweater."

He giggled.

"Lea! He's ready for you!"

Lea held onto the railing, and slowly glided down the stairs. Sméagol's eyes lit up like the sun when he saw her.

"Bless us and splash us, Precious!" he said breathlessly. "It looks so beautiful!"

Lea smiled giddily. "You think so?"

"Yes, like an Irish Disney Princess."

"That's what I said!" Bri exclaimed.

"Thank you," said Lea. "And, you look... wow."

"Thank you, my precious," said Sméagol. "We brings you flowers and chocolateses." He handed her a dozen red roses and a box full of milk chocolate, which he knew was Lea's favorite kind.

Lea gasped and squealed like a school girl. "Oh, my gosh! Sméagol, you are so freaking sweet!"

"Awwwww!" Bri squealed. "You sweetie-pie, you!"

Sméagol smiled sweetly at Lea. "Only the best for my precious."

Lea tried not to cry.

Bri took the chocolate and flowers from Lea. "I'll put these in a vase for you, Honey."

"Okay," said Lea, "and will you leave the chocolate on my bedside table?"

"Yes."

"Shall we, Precious?" Sméagol said to Lea in a flirty tone.

Lea smiled at him. "Yes, we shall."

He took her hand, and led her out the door.

"You kids have fun!" Bri called out.

"Is it okay if I hold your arm?" Lea asked.

"Of course," said Sméagol.

The two of them walked to a nearby pizzeria, and ordered a large pepperoni pizza and a couple of large drinks. Lea ordered a Dr. Pepper, and Sméagol ordered water. Then, they walked to a nearby park, and sat at a picnic table.