Chapter 63

"This was the best Christmas ever," Bri said as everyone headed for the door at the end of the night. "Thank you so much for coming, guys."

"Oh, you're welcome, Honey," Kathy said, hugging her daughter.

"And, give my sisters and brother the biggest hug from me."

"I will. Merry Christmas, Sweetheart."

"Merry Christmas, Mommy."

Everyone finished giving each other hugs, and wishing each other a Merry Christmas as they headed out the door.

"Bye, Sméagol," said Meredith.

Sméagol hugged Meredith. "Bye, Precious," he said sweetly. "Merry Christmas."

"We loves you, Sweetie," Gollum said in a cutesy voice, kissing Meredith's forehead. "Merry Christmas, and God bless you, Love."

"Merry Christmas, Gollum and Sméagol," said Meredith.

Sméagol smiled at her. Then, he hugged Aini. "Merry Christmas, Aini. We're going home with Lea."

"Okay, Sméagol," said Aini. "I'll take your gifts home. Have fun, and Merry Christmas."

Lea hugged Aini, Damian, and Bri. "Merry Christmas, guys. This was the most awesome one I've ever had."

Bri smiled. "Merry Christmas, Lea."

Then, Lea picked up a large bag, containing all her gifts, in one hand. She took hold of Sméagol's arm with the other, and he led her back to her house. The two of them sat on the front porch swing, and looked out at all the beautiful Christmas lights in the neighborhood.

"Aren't they beautiful, Precious?" Sméagol sighed happily.

"Yeah," said Lea. "It's like a winter wonderland, except it's not cold out. It doesn't get very cold here in the winter time. I like that."

"Us, too." Sméagol bent over, and picked up a large bag. "Sméagol have something for you." He handed her the bag. "Merry Christmas, my love. This is from me and Gollum."

Lea reached in the bag, and pulled out a box. She opened it, and almost cried when she found what was inside. "Is this a telescope?"

"It is, Precious. We remembers what you said about wanting to see stars."

Lea looked through the telescope, and tears of joy filled her eyes. "Oh, my gosh," she said breathlessly. "I can see them. Gosh... they're so beautiful." She placed the telescope next to her, and kissed Sméagol. "Thank you so much."

"Awww, you're welcome, Sweetie," Sméagol said with a warm smile. "We knows how much it means to you."

"A lot," said Lea as she reached in the bag again, and pulled out a thick book. "What's this?"

"We writes it for you, Precious. It's all the things we loves about you, all the things about you that are so special and precious."

"You wrote an entire book about why you love me?"

"Yes, Precious," said Gollum, "so whenever you feels like you're worthless or horrible about yourself, you can reads it, and remember everything good about you."

Lea snuggled with him, and rested her head against his chest.

Gollum caressed Lea's head, and played with her hair. "Awwww, Precious," he whispered. "You're so lovely. Your hair is so bright, so beautiful." He kissed her forehead. "Our precious."