Chapter 46

One afternoon, Sméagol and Lea were planning to go out to karaoke that night with the group. Sméagol called Aini to invite her. She accepted. Lea tried to call Bri, but she didn't answer.

"Does it want to try again?" asked Sméagol.

"No, I can't," said Lea.

"Why not, Precious?"

"Because, Bri has really bad phone anxiety. If I call her more than once, it might set off a panic attack."

"Ohh, we understands."

"Aww, poor thing," Gollum said sympathetically.

"Yeah, I know how she feels," said Lea. "I have really bad phone anxiety, too. Not as bad as hers, but for me, I'm really picky about who I'll give my number to. I mean, besides family, you, Bri, Damian, and Aini are the only ones with my number, and I'm okay with any of you calling more than once if I don't pick up the first time. But, anyone else does, I get really bad panic attacks, too."

"Yes, we understands why," Sméagol said sweetly, "after all it's been through."

"So, I'll see if she calls me back later. If not, I guess it's just the three of us."

They waited as they both got ready together. Bri never called back, so it was just Lea, Sméagol, and Aini going out.

When they arrived, they sat at their usual table close to the stage. Sméagol and Lea sat next to each other, while Aini sat across from them. They all ordered and enjoyed their meals. Then, they all chose their songs, and signed up for karaoke.

Lea was up first, and her song was "Love Is Alive" by Lea Michele.

"I wanna dedicate this song to someone really special," she said with a smile on her face, "my amazing boyfriend, Sméagol. He's always been there for me, and he loves me for me, and when I'm with him, I really feel like love is alive. So, Sméagol, this is for you. I love you."

Everyone clapped softly as the music began to play, and Lea began to sing. She poured her heart out to Sméagol, and looked straight at him the entire time. Her eyes filled with tears as the beautiful, emotional music built up.

Sméagol kept his eyes on her the entire time as tears streamed down his face, and he smiled so sweetly at her. When the song finished, he ran to her, and threw his arms around her, sobbing happily. He led her back to the table, and when they sat back down, he pulled her close, gently caressing and kissing her. "My precious," he wept, "I love you so much."

"Very, very much," Gollum sniffled, planting little kisses all over Lea's face, "my sweet little honey-cake."

Lea giggled.

"Awww, you're so adorable together," Aini swooned. "Lea, that was so beautiful. I can really see how much you love each other."

Lea and Sméagol smiled at each other.

Soon, it was Sméagol's turn to sing, but for his performance, he wanted Lea next to him. He led her to the stage, and sat her down in a chair as he took hold of the microphone. "This is for our beautiful girlfriend, Lea," he announced as he kissed her forehead. "Sméagol loves you, Precious. You're perfect to us."

"Awwwww!" everyone cooed.

Then, the music began to play, "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran. Sméagol wrapped his arm around Lea, holding her close and gently rubbing her shoulders and head as he sang to her. His voice was so beautiful, soft, sweet, and so angelic. Everyone could hear and feel his love for Lea in his singing, and could see it all over his face and in the way he held her. There was not a dry eye in the room. When the song finished, he kissed her lips again. "We loves you, Baby," he said sweetly.

Everyone cheered and applauded with tears in their eyes as Sméagol and Lea walked back to the table, and sat back down together.

Soon, it was Aini's turn. She chose to sing "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri, which was perfect for her soft, soothing voice. When the music began to play, Sméagol led Lea out to the dancefloor for a romantic slow dance. In their opinion, the lyrics described their love so perfectly, because they'd both been waiting forever for true love. In Sméagol's case, he waited forever just to feel any kind of love for and from someone, and he finally found it in Lea. When the song ended, the two shared a romantic kiss.