Chapter 40

A few weeks later, Sméagol found Lea on her front porch swing, giggling and playing with her favorite sweater blanket. He grinned at her as he sat next to her, gently rubbing her shoulder.

"What's it doing, silly?" Sméagol teased.

Lea smiled at Sméagol. "Just stimming."

"Why is it stimming, Precious?"

"Because, I'm happy, and life's fluffy sweater is tickling me." She rubbed her sweater blanket against her face and cooed happily.

Sméagol giggled. "Awww, it's so cute," he said as he hugged her.

Lea giggled like an innocent child as she tickled her face and neck with her blanket.

Sméagol took hold of the blanket, and tickled Lea's neck with it.

Lea giggled even more. "Sweeeaaaterrr!" she squealed softly.

Sméagol couldn't stop smiling and laughing as he continued tickling and caressing her. His heart melted at the sound of her laughter and soft squealing. He wrapped the blanket around her, and then, threw his arms around her. "Awwww," he swooned as he kissed her. "Lea's the cutest little thing we've ever seen," he said in a cutesy voice as he kissed her again. "And, we loves her so much."

"I love you more," Lea flirted.

"No, we loves you more, Precious."

"No, I love you more."

"No, beautiful Lea," Gollum said in a cutesy voice, "we loves you more."

"No, you," Lea flirted.

"No, you."

Lea and Sméagol giggled as they kissed.

"You make me so happy," said Lea. "That's why I was stimming with my fluffy sweater blanket. I was thinking about you."

"Awwww." Sméagol held Lea tightly. "Our precious."

Lea smiled brightly. "So, are you enjoying the Bible studies?"

"Oh, yes, very much," said Gollum.

"Yes, we loves it," Sméagol agreed.

"That's awesome," said Lea. "I'm enjoying it, too. Plus, it's helping me get closer to God."

"Us, too."

"I mean, I've always believed in him, always, but... I don't know. I never really felt close to him. I felt too insecure about myself and the person I am. I felt like I wasn't good enough for him, especially when people would use religion to criticize me."

"What's it saying?" asked Gollum.

"Like, when someone would say stuff like, 'You shouldn't do that, because God doesn't like that' or stuff like that. People who are righteous, but in the wrong way. Like, they think they're better, because they're devout Christians."

"Oh, I understand what it means."

"Yeah, but what they forget is, God doesn't want us to judge each other unfairly, and that's exactly what they do to people who don't think the way they do. Val was like that sometimes. She criticized me for having sex with Ivan, because we weren't married. Or, if I got pissed off about something, she used Bible verses to call me out. So, I still believed, but I thought that I wasn't good enough. And, all the bad stuff that happened to me, I felt like it was God punishing me for all my sins, like I deserved all the heartache and pain I went through. Now, I know that God doesn't do that. He forgives us, no matter how bad the sin is. Then, he forgets the sin, and gives us a clean slate again."