Chapter 62

Everyone gathered in the dining room for a fantastic feast and good conversation filled with laughter and joy. Even Meredith, who was feeling very sick, was enjoying herself, even though she couldn't eat a whole lot.

"Are you alright, Precious?" Sméagol asked Meredith. "You didn't eat much."

"Yeah," she said, "I can't eat a lot, or I throw up."

"Awwww." Sméagol wrapped his arm around her, and caressed her head. "Poor thing."

After dinner, everyone gathered in the living room for more gift exchanging. Sméagol, of course, carried Meredith to the couch, and held her in his lap.

"Sméagol has something special for you, Precious," he said sweetly, reaching over to hand her a little present. "Open it."

"Thank you," Meredith said, ripping the paper off. "It's a CD."

"Yes, we records it for you."

"You mean, it's you singing?"

"Yes, Precious, just for you."

Meredith's face lit up like the lights on Bri's tree. "Thank you!"

Sméagol hugged her. "Awwww, you're welcome, my precious." He kissed her forehead. "We loves you."

"Yes, Precious," Gollum said sweetly. "We loves you very, very much."

"I love you, too, Sméagol and Gollum," said Meredith. "Hey, Gollum, did you sing on the CD, too?"

"No, only Sméagol."

"You know, Gollum," said Lea, "I don't think I've ever heard you sing."

"We can't sing as good as Sméagol," said Gollum.

"Yes, it can, Precious," Sméagol said reassuringly. "It has a beautiful voice."

"No, Sméagol, you are the one with the beautiful voice, not me."

"Awww, why does it say that?"

"My voice is not as soft as yours."

"That doesn't mean it can't be just as beautiful," said Bri. "There's all kinds of singing voices that are so unbelievably beautiful in their own way. Your voice is deeper and more..."

"Monstrous?"

"No, Sweetie, I was gonna say fruity."

"Fruity?"

"Yeah, that means deep and strong," said Lea, "in a nice way."

Gollum smiled.

"You have a beautiful speaking voice that I love to listen to. I'm sure your singing is beautiful, too."

"It is," said Sméagol, "very beautiful."

"So, maybe you can record a CD for Meredith, too," Madilyn suggested.

"We thinks about it," said Gollum.

"Okay," said Lea. "Absolutely no pressure."

Gollum smiled at Lea. "Bless you, my love."

Lea kissed his cheek. "You're awesome."

"Oh," Bri gasped.

"What is it?" asked Damian. "You okay?"

"I don't know. I felt something weird. I need to sit down." She sat back down in her chair, and leaned back.

"What do you feel?" asked Kathy.