Chapter 57

A few minutes later, Madilyn and her husband finally arrived with Meredith, who was dressed up like a Christmas angel.

"Hey, Maddie!" Bri greeted.

"Hey, Bri," Madilyn replied.

"Who's the hottie?" asked Rachel.

Madilyn grinned giddily. "This is my hubby, Adam."

"How y'all doin'?" Adam greeted.

"Oooh, listen to that sexy southern accent," Alyssa jokingly flirted.

Madilyn giggled. "Yep, he's the definition of a true southern gentleman."

Adam smiled at Madilyn, and kissed her.

"Sméagol!" Meredith shouted excitedly, running to Sméagol.

"Meredith!" He jumped up from the couch, and picked her up in his arms. "Awwww, it looks so lovely, Precious!" He kissed her cheek.

"I'm an angel."

"We always knew you were."

"So, this is the famous Sméagol," said Adam, approaching Sméagol.

Sméagol smiled politely. "Yes."

"Well, Sméagol, I'm Adam, Meredith's dad. It's nice to meet you, buddy." Adam reached out his hand to shake.

Sméagol carefully reached out his hand while still holding Meredith, and shook Adam's hand. "It's very nice to meet you, too, Adam."

"I just wanna say thank you for what you did for our little girl. You really brightened up her life."

"Awww." Sméagol kissed Meredith's forehead. "We do anything for this precious angel."

Meredith smiled.

"Aww, see?" said Madilyn. "Her face lights up when you love on her like that."

Sméagol giggled, which made Meredith giggle.

Madilyn and Adam smiled at each other.

"Is this Meredith?" Bri asked as she approached them.

"Yup," Meredith said happily.

"Awwww, you are just the cutest little muffin!" Bri cried. "I'm Bri, by the way, and this is my husband, Damian."

"Hey, Meredith," Damian said with a sweet smile on his face.

"Hi, Bri and Damian," Meredith greeted.

"Awww, what a sweetie-pie," said Bri.

"Yes, a very sweet, beautiful, precious angel," Sméagol said sweetly, hugging Meredith, and kissing her forehead again.

Meredith smiled.

"Awww." Bri wiped a tear from her eye.

"I'd say you're an angel, too, Sméagol," said Alyssa. "Any time you're around, and loving people, they light up like a Christmas tree."

Sméagol walked over to Alyssa, and planted a little kiss on her forehead.

Alyssa smiled. "Thanks, Sméagol. I really needed that."

Sméagol smiled at Alyssa. "Bless you, my precious friend."

"Awwww, bless you, too, Sméagol."

Sméagol carried Meredith back to the couch, and sat back down next to Lea. He kept holding Meredith in one arm, and wrapped his other arm around Lea. He smiled sweetly, and giggled softly. "Awww, we loves you both so very much."

Meredith rested her head against Sméagol's chest. He gently caressed her head, and smiled so sweetly at her.