Chapter 100

Delaney, Aini, and Bri's step-father, Mike, sat in the waiting room while Lea, Sméagol, Damian, and her mother, Kathy, stayed with her in the delivery room. She was in labor for approximately eight hours. Since she had her own ring of power, her body was healthy and strong enough for a natural birth. However, no amount of power could make child birth hurt any less, but her family stood right by her side through all the screaming and excruciating pain.

"Ohhhh, fuck!" Bri screamed as she pushed with all her might. "Sorry, Mom!" she panted. "I know you hate it when I cuss."

Kathy grinned. "I do, Sweetie, but being a mom myself, I understand how much giving birth hurts, so just... let it out."

"Now, you know why I never wanna get pregnant," Lea joked.

Sméagol laughed softly.

"Okay," said the doctor, "one more push, and you're done."

"No, I can't," Bri sobbed. "I can't do it anymore. I can't."

"Yes, you can, Sweetie," said Kathy.

"No, I can't. It hurts too much."

Sméagol approached Bri, and put his hand on her shoulder. "My precious friend," he whispered, "did you think you could ever recover from Bulimia?"

"No," Bri wept.

"Did you think you could have a baby, or even get pregnant?"

"No."

"Did you think you would survive everything you've survived?"

"No."

He put his arm around her. "Look how far you've come, all the things you never thought would happen for you, all the things you never thought you could do, but you did them anyway. You are so strong, so much stronger than you knows. You've wanted this baby for so long, and you're almost there. Don't give up now, my precious. You can do it. Sméagol believes in you."

"And, so do I, Precious," added Gollum. "It can do this."

Bri paused, and took a deep breath. "Okay, fine, I'll do it," she said in a sarcastically pouty tone.

Sméagol giggled. "Alright. Push."

Bri screamed at the top of her lungs, and pushed with all her might, until the baby was finally born!

"Oh, my gosh!" Bri cried. "It's a girl! Damian, we have a daughter!"

Damian kissed Bri.

"Oh, Sweetie!" Kathy cried. "You did it!""We're so proud of you, Precious!" Gollum sniffled. "We knew you could do it."

After they cut the umbilical cord, the nurse took the baby to bathe her. Then, she brought her back, all wrapped up in a pink blanket, and placed her in Bri's arms.

"Oh, she's so beautiful," Bri wept happily.

"Just like her mom," Damian said with a smile.

"I can't believe I'm actually holding our daughter in my arms."

"Never thought this day would come," Damian sniffled.

"Did you pick a name for her?" asked Lea.

Bri thought for a second, and looked at Damian. "Caitlin Hannah Haskell," she replied.

Damian nodded.

"Caitlin," said Kathy, "what a beautiful name."

"Oh, she's so precious," Sméagol said, almost in tears.

"You wanna hold her, Sméagol?" asked Bri.

"Oh, yes, please."

"Yeah," Bri said to Caitlin in a cutesy baby voice. "You wanna meet Sméagol? He's your guardian angel. Yes, he is."

Sméagol smiled at Bri's sweet remark.

"Here you go, Honey." She handed the baby to Sméagol. "Support her head. Yep, you got it. Perfect."

"Hi!" Sméagol whispered excitedly. "Hi, Caitlin. Awww, look at you." He spoke to the baby in the cutest, sweetest, warmest, most loving little baby voice. "You're precious. Yes, you are." He giggled. "Awwww, so beautiful you are. Yes, just like your mother."

Caitlin reached out, and took hold of the zipper on Sméagol's sweater.

Sméagol giggled. "Awww, what's it doing, Precious? Is it trying to unzip my sweater?" He giggled even harder when she managed to unzip it a little. "You're so silly, and so cute." He gently pinched her little cheek, and lit up when he saw her smile. "Awwww, look at that beautiful smile." Sméagol kissed her cheek. "Sméagol loves you, Precious."

Then, Caitlin began to cry.

"Awwww, what's the matter, Baby? Shhh, don't cry. It's alright, Precious. Sméagol's here. Sméagol won't hurt you. No, Sméagol loves you. Is it sleepy? Is that why it cries? Awww, poor thing. Sméagol sing it a lullaby. Yes." He tiptoed over to a chair next to Bri's bed, and sat down, still holding Caitlin against his chest. He gently caressed her head and cheeks as he sang her a sweet lullaby, one he made up on the spot, but nobody would've ever guessed. It was the sweetest, purest, most beautiful and heartfelt lullaby anyone had ever heard.

Bri, Lea, and Kathy all burst into tears listening to him sing while Damian tried to keep his composure, but Caitlin, on the other hand, stopped crying. She nuzzled up to Sméagol, and fell asleep in his warm, loving arms. It was a beautiful, heartwarming moment none of them ever wanted to forget, and thankfully, they never would. Damian managed to get it all on film, from when the nurse brought Caitlin back in to when Sméagol finished his lullaby.