Chapter 64

A couple weeks later, Bri and Damian were throwing a baby shower, but only inviting close friends and family, which included Bri's mother and step-father, Madilyn, Adam, Meredith, Aini, Lea, and Sméagol. It was a cookout in the backyard, and Damian and Mike were cooking burgers and hotdogs on the grill. Everyone brought special gifts for the baby and parents-to-be.

"Your grandmother made this for me when she was pregnant with me," said Kathy as Bri opened one of her gifts, a baby bonnet.

"Awwww, mommy!" Bri cried. "This is adorable! Thank you!" She hugged her mother.

"Oh, you're welcome, Honey."

Then, Bri looked over at Lea, who looked rather flushed and tired. "Lea? You okay, Hun?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah," Lea replied absent-mindedly.

"Are you sure, Precious?" Sméagol asked sweetly. "You don't look so well."

"Yeah, I'm good, just a headache."

"Okay, if you're sure," said Bri.

Lea nodded.

"Okay, last one," said Aini, handing Bri her present.

Bri reached in the bag, removed the tissue paper, and pulled out a beautiful, white, crochet baby blanket. "Awwwww!"

"I made that myself."

"It's so cute, Aini!" Bri cried, hugging the blanket. "Thank you!"

"Can I touch it, please?" asked Lea.

"Of course." Bri held the blanket in front of Lea.

Lea rubbed her hand across the blanket, and grinned like an innocent child. "Sweeeaaaterrr!" she squealed. "It's so fluffy and soft and tickly!"

Bri and Sméagol giggled.

"Okay, food's ready!" Damian announced.

"Sméagol get yours, Precious," Sméagol said to Lea. "What does it want?"

"A burger," said Lea, "with everything on it."

Sméagol grinned as he went to get Lea's food. He came back with a full plate, containing a burger with all the toppings and condiments on it, baked beans, "tater" salad, and chips. Then, he took a second trip to get a Dr. Pepper, napkin, and silverware for her. "Here you go, Precious."

Lea smiled at him. "Thanks, Sméagol. You're such a gentleman."

Sméagol smiled warmly. "You're welcome. We be right back."

Lea started eating her food as Sméagol went to get his. He returned with the exact same meal.

"How does it like its food?" he asked.

"It's awesome," Lea said. "Damian makes the best burgers."

"Oh, he does, yes," Gollum agreed.

After Lea finished eating, she leaned back in her seat, and rubbed her forehead. "Oh, shit," she groaned.

Sméagol caressed her arm. "Precious?" he said sweetly. "Are you alright?"

"My head is killing me," Lea said weakly.

"Does it want to go home?"

"I, um... I don't know, um..." Lea suddenly jumped up from her seat, and hurried over to a grove of bushes to throw up.

"Ah, cripes," Damian cringed.

"Lea?" Bri got up from her seat, and hurried over to where Lea had just finished throwing up. "Honey, are you okay?"

"I don't feel so good," Lea groaned.

"Come on. Let's go inside."

Bri and Sméagol helped Lea into the house, and sat her down on the couch. She sat down, and leaned her head on the armrest.

Sméagol leaned on her, and caressed her head and backside. "Awww, our poor baby."

Bri knelt down in fromt of her. "Did something you eat disagree with you?" she asked.

"I don't think so," said Lea. "I've been feeling weird for a while."

"Weird? Like how?"

"Nausea and headaches and dizzy."

"How come you didn't say anything earlier?"

"I didn't wanna ruin your party."

"Oh, Sweetie, why would you ruin it? You can't help it if you feel like shit."

"Well, I probably just made everyone else feel like shit, too, throwing up in front of them while they're eating."

Bri looked outside. "Nope, you didn't. Everyone's fine. I think Damian was the only other one who noticed, and even he's still enjoying his dinner."

"Does it want to go home, Precious?" Sméagol asked.

"I don't know," Lea said hesitantly.

"I think you should go home, and get some rest," said Bri.

"Yes," Sméagol agreed, still caressing Lea. "Sméagol look after you, Sweetie."

"I just feel bad leaving the party early," said Lea.

"Honey, don't worry about it," said Bri. "I'm not upset at you, and we'll even save some cake and leftovers for you for when you feel better."

Lea slowly sat up. "Okay."

"Okay, Honey. You need me to take you home?"

"Oh, no, we takes her home, Precious," said Sméagol. "You go back to your party."

Bri chuckled. "Thanks, Sméagol." Then, she hugged Lea. "You go get some rest, and feel better soon, Honey, okay?"

"Thanks, Bri," said Lea.

"Come," Sméagol said, taking hold of Lea's hand. "Sméagol take you home."

Sméagol's Redeptionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें