Chapter 65

When Lea arrived home, Sméagol led her upstairs to her room. She changed out of her clothes, and crawled into bed. Sméagol climbed in with her, and sat next to her.

"How does it feel, Precious?" he asked sweetly as he gently rubbed her back.

"Like total, complete, absolute shit," Lea said weakly.

"Awww, I'm so sorry, Baby."

"And, I feel really gross. Do you mind if I get a shower?"

"Go ahead, Precious. Maybe you feel better after."

"Yeah, hopefully."

"And, we sing to you when you come back."

"Okay. I'll be right back." A very sick Lea grabbed her new sweater nightdress, and struggled into the bathroom to take her shower. As the water caressed her body, she felt just a little bit better. When she finished, she wrapped her hair in a towel to keep it from dripping on her body. She grabbed a bottle of Advil, and took a couple of pills, hoping they would kill the headache. Then, she dried off.

However, as she wiped herself dry, she heard Sméagol and Gollum chatting with each other in her room. She changed into her nightdress, and quietly opened the bathroom door. She tiptoed toward her room, and stood outside, listening while trying to be as quiet as possible.

"So, when does we go find the Precious?" Sméagol asked Gollum.

"After Lea falls asleep," Gollum replied. "Then, we be back before she wakes up, so she won't knows."

Lea's heart broke, and she tiptoed down the stairs, fighting tears as she headed into the living room. She turned on the television, and adjusted the volume to where she could hear it, but Sméagol wouldn't. She grabbed the blanket off the back of the couch, sat down, put her feet up in the recliner, and covered herself with the blanket. She rested her head on the armrest, and quietly sobbed and prayed as she tried to distract herself with the funny sitcoms. However, she was having no luck. So many thoughts kept nagging at her. What if he finds the ring? What will it do to him? What will it do to their relationship? What will it make him do to her? Will he leave her, or will the ring make him hurt her. Even though Aini reassured her he wouldn't, there was no telling what that damn thing was capable of. Or, if he doesn't find the ring, what if something bad happens to him while he's out looking for it? Either way, she was faced with the possibility that she could lose him forever that night, and it terrified and devastated her. So, why wasn't she with him if she could possibly lose him forever? Because, she didn't want him to see how upset she was. She didn't want him to know she heard him planning to look for it. However, how was she going to explain to him why she never came to bed, why she slept on the couch instead? Then again, she may not have to explain that to him, since he could be gone in the morning. She remembered he said he would sing to her when she got out of the shower, and she wanted so badly just to be with him. She wept even harder, but still tried to keep quiet. She felt completely trapped in her fears, not knowing what to do, and knowing there was probably nothing she could do. "I'm screwed," she mumbled to herself as she tried to fall asleep. "Please help me, God."