Chapter 58

After everyone finished eating, it was time for Christmas karaoke. Not everyone wanted to participate, but those who didn't were happy to sit and watch. Alyssa was the first one to get up. She sat at the piano, and played and sang a beautiful rendition of "Grown Up Christmas List." Rachel played the ukulele as she sang "Have Yourself a Merry Litle Christmas. Aini also played the ukulele, and she sang a neat rendition of "Jingle Bell Rock." Then, it was Lea's turn. She handed Damian her SD card, containing the track she wanted to use. He inserted it into the computer, which was hooked up to the speakers and microphone, and opened the file. Lea sang Lea Michele's rendition of "O Holy Night."

Madilyn wiped a few tears from her eyes. "What a beautiful voice," she said to herself.

Sméagol, however, was completely reduced to tears. "My precious," he sobbed, "she makes us so proud."

Meredith wiped away Sméagol's tears, and kissed his cheek. "It's okay, Sméagol.," she said in the most adorable voice.

Sméagol smiled.

When Lea finished performing, everyone clapped and cheered for her.

"That was amazing, Lea," said Madilyn. "You have an amazing voice."

"Thank you," Lea said with an awkward smile.

Then, it was Sméagol's turn. He carried Meredith up with him, and sat next to the piano, still holding her close as he performed his own beautiful rendition of "As Long As There's Christmas" from Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas. Aini accompanied him on the piano to help create a beautiful, stripped down rendition, and he changed a few of the lyrics to make it his own. He held Meredith close to his chest, and caressed and played with her hair as he sang so beautifully. His sweet, soft voice, once again, touched every heart in the room, and reduced everyone to tears, especially Lea and Madilyn. When he finished, he planted a kiss on Meredith's cheek, and held her tightly as he carried her back to the couch while everyone cheered and applauded loudly.

"Oh, my God, Sméagol, that was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard!" Madilyn sobbed, hugging Sméagol. "Your voice is a gift from God."

"He's a gift from God," Lea wept.

Madilyn nodded in agreement. "Thank you, Sméagol, you beautiful, beautiful angel from heaven."

"Awwwww," Sméagol cried, "bless you all."

"Bless you, too, Sweetheart."

"I think I speak for everyone when I say Sméagol stole the show tonight," said Bri.

Everyone murmured in agreement, still wiping tears from their eyes.

"Well, I know there's no way I can top that performance," said Bri, "but Damian and I have a very special Christmas song we'd like to perform for you all. It's a song that means so much to both of us, a song that speaks to our very souls, and touches our hearts so deeply." She sighed heavily. "I'm gonna try to get through this without crying, but... I'm not promising anything. But, we hope you enjoy it, and we hope it touches you as much as it does us."

Damian picked up his ukulele, and began to play very softly. Then, Bri took a deep, dramatic breath, and began to sing their special song... "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas."

Everyone burst into long and loud laughter, which made it difficult for Bri and Damian to keep straight faces during their performance. However, they managed to make it through the entire song without messing up. Then, they finally burst out laughing when they finished, which only made everyone else laugh even more.