Chapter 92

A few weeks later, Bri and Damian were at Walmart, shopping for baby supplies, when they ran into Madilyn, Adam, and a very energetic Meredith.

"Hey, guys!" Bri greeted excitedly.

"Hey!" Madilyn greeted, hugging Bri. "How are you?"

"I'm great!"

"Getting close, huh?"

"Yep, we're so excited."

Madilyn caught a glimpse of their shopping cart, which was filled with baby clothes, toys, bottles, and many other things. "Yeah, I can tell. Look at all this great stuff!"

Bri grinned. "So, how are you?"

"Great!" Madilyn said happily. "Never been better, actually."

Damian glanced at the supplies in Madilyn's shopping cart. "Dog food?" he inquired. "You guys get a new dog?"

"Yep," said Adam, "we sure did."

"Well, she's actually a couple years old," said Madilyn. "We got her from an animal shelter. She's already been house-trained."

"What kind of dog is she?" asked Bri.

"She's a pomeranian," said Madilyn. "She's very sweet and friendly and adorable."

Bri noticed Meredith dancing around the cart. "Hey, Sweetie!" she greeted in a cute, happy, Disney Princess voice. "You look happy!"

"I am!" Meredith laughed.

Damian chuckled at how adorable Meredith was."Why is that?"

"Tell her, Sweetie," said Adam.

"My cancer went away!" Meredith said happily.

Bri and Damian looked at each other in shock. Did they hear right?

"What?!" Bri squealed.

"I'm not sick anymore!" Meredith said happily.

"Wait... how?" Damian said, very confused but happy. "What happened?"

"You know, I don't know," said Madilyn. "Meredith woke up one morning, full of energy, and we wondered what was going on with her."

"So, we took her for a PET scan," added Adam, "and they confirmed the cancer cells just... disappeared. She's completely cancer free."

"I guess it's a miracle from God."

"I would say so," Bri agreed

"That's why we got a dog," said Adam.

"Meredith always wanted a dog," said Madilyn, "so we thought this would be the perfect way to celebrate."

"Well, I agree." Bri hugged Meredith. "Oh, Sweetie, I'm so happy for you!" Then, she caught a glimpse of Meredith's finger. "That's a pretty ring," she said.

"It's Tarzan," said Maeredith, showing it to Bri. It was sparkling, dark blue plastic with Tarzan's face on it.

"I know. It's adorable."

"Aini gave it to me."

Bri smiled. "Aww, she's a sweetie, isn't she?"

"Yes, she's really nice."

"Hey, how's Lea doing?" asked Madilyn.

"Better than expected," said Damian. "The doctor gave her a couple months, but she's still holding on."

"Maybe she'll make it to the Celtic Woman concert after all," Bri said hopefully.