Chapter 28

"Well, I need to go back home," said Bri. "I promised I would make dinner for Damian. He had to work late, and he's exhausted, so..."

"Yeah, I understand," said Lea.

"Are you gonna be okay?"

Lea hesitated. Even though she managed to laugh and smile with her friends that day, she was still hurting, and she wasn't sure she could handle being alone. What if she got more hateful messages? However, she didn't want to make Bri feel guilty. She opened her mouth to say she would be okay, when Sméagol jumped in.

"Sméagol stay with Lea."

Lea suddenly felt very relieved. "Are you sure?" she asked. Even though she was glad he volunteered to stay with her, she still wanted to make sure he really wanted to.

"Of course, Precious," Sméagol said sweetly. "We knows you needs a friend. We likes being around you."

"You don't have anywhere to be?"

"Nope. We stay as long as you wants us to."

"I'll call Aini, and let her know," said Bri.

"Thank you, Precious."

"Okay, Lea." Bri gave her a big hug.

"Big fluffy sweater hugs," said Lea.

Bri giggled. "Yes, big fluffy sweater hugs, lots of them. I'll see you tomorrow, Honey." Then, she turned to Sméagol, and also gave him a big hug. "Take good care of her, Sméagol."

Sméagol smiled. "We will, Precious."

Bri smiled. "I know you will." Then, she headed for the door. "Bye, guys. Have fun."

"Bye," Lea and Sméagol said.

The two friends stayed up a little bit longer, watching another Celtic Woman concert DVD. Then, they both got ready for bed.

Lea crawled into her bed, and Sméagol tucked her in. He wrapped her favorite blanket around her, and climbed in with her.

"Does it want us to sing a song?" Sméagol asked.

"That would be great," said Lea, "thanks."

Sméagol smiled sweetly. "Come here, my precious." He wrapped his arms around Lea, and caressed her as he sang her a sweet, beautiful song.

Lea's eyes filled with tears as she listened to Sméagol's angelic voice, his haunting melody, and his beautiful, heartfelt words.

"Awww, why does it cry, Precious?" Sméagol asked in the sweetest tone of voice.

"Your song touched me," said Lea. "It was beautiful. I love when you sing. Your voice is so angelic and sweet."

"Awwwww." Sméagol caressed and kissed Lea's cheeks. "We loves singing for you, beautiful Lea. We sing it to you again."

Lea smiled as Sméagol sang his song to her again. She closed her eyes, and the sound of his soothing, warm voice put her right to sleep. Then, Sméagol was about to go to the guestroom to sleep, but he couldn't find it in his heart to leave Lea all by herself, especially after what she'd just been through. He knew she needed someone with her, so he stayed by her side. He kept his arms around her as he drifted off to sleep.