Chapter 51

Lea pulled up a chair, and set next to Bri's bed. "So, you were never mad at me for anything?"

Bri gently took hold of Lea's hand. "No, Honey, I was never mad at you. I know I haven't been talking to you for a while, and I am so sorry. But, it wasn't because of you. I fell into a deep depression."

"Why is it depressed, Precious?" asked Sméagol.

"Well..." Bri sighed hesitantly. "Okay, don't get me wrong. I am so excited and grateful that I'm finally gonna be a mom, but... when I realized how close it was, I got scared, because..." Her eyes filled with tears. "What if I'm a terrible mother? What if I screw up, and corrupt this child? What if I'm not fit to be a mom, because I'm too sick to take care of her... or him? I mean, I know I've recovered from my eating disorder, but... what if I relapse, and go back to my old habits? And, I also got scared, because..." She began to cry. "I realized I may not be around to watch my child grow up. I have destroyed my body, because of my stupid eating disorder, and now... I may not be around in ten years. I won't get to see my baby graduate high school, go to college, get married. I'm gonna miss so many important moments in her life, or his life if it's a boy. And, the thought that I could die, and leave my baby without a mom destroyed me, and scared the hell out of me."

Lea wiped a few tears from her eyes. "You took care of me, even when you were really sick. I met you when you were really deep in your eating disorder, and despite how awful you felt everyday, you were always there for me. You always helped me with what I needed help with, and you were always there when I had a problem... which was a lot, I know. But, you powered through it. And, when you couldn't help me, Damian did, and I never felt abandoned by you. Honestly, it gave me a chance to get closer to him, and now, you're both two of my best friends, along with Gollum and Sméagol and Aini now. But... my point is... you are gonna be an amazing mom. And, as far as you not being around for long, I mean, you really never know. Remember when they said you'd never get pregnant? And, all those damn people who said you would never recover from your eating disorder? You defied all the odds, and you proved them dead wrong. So, you could very possibly live for a lot longer than you thought. But... just in case you don't, that's why you should make every moment count. Cherish every moment you have with your kid."

"I will." Bri smiled at Lea. "How do you always make everything okay again?"

Lea smiled back. "I learned from the best."

"Bri?" Sméagol said as he approached Bri.

"Yeah?" said Bri.

"Sméagol help take care of your baby if you ever needs help."

Bri smiled warmly at Sméagol. "You would do that for me?"

"Of course, Precious. You're our friend. We do anything for you."

"Awww, Sméagol, you're so sweet. Thank you so much, Honey."

"You're welcome." Sméagol hugged Bri.

"So, how's JamFam going? I know I haven't been there for a while."

"It's going really good," said Lea. "Sméagol's an awesome group leader."

"But, everybody misses you," said Sméagol.

"Aww, I miss them, too," said Bri. "I'll be back this Saturday, and I'll explain everything then."

"Sounds good," said Lea as she burst into tears, and hugged her best friend. "Sorry," she said, embarrassed, "I'm just really glad everything's okay, and that you're okay, and we're okay."

Bri played with Lea's hair. "Yeah, everything's okay, Honey. I'm so sorry I scared you, but I promise I was never mad at you. I could never be mad at you. I'm so sorry I made you feel that way."

"It's not your fault," Lea sniffled. "Depression is a bitch."

Bri chuckled. "See? You totally get me. That's why you're my best friend."

"I love you, Bri."

"Aww, I love you, too, little sis."