5

KINGDOM FALL
— 5. The Red Wedding

     After making it back to the tent, it was clear to Annalys that Robb was still angered by Walder's comments about her, "I apologize," He suddenly spoke up, causing Annalys to turn to him, "I shouldn't have let him talk to you like that and I s...

     After making it back to the tent, it was clear to Annalys that Robb was still angered by Walder's comments about her, "I apologize," He suddenly spoke up, causing Annalys to turn to him, "I shouldn't have let him talk to you like that and I shouldn't have let his sons look at you the way they did."

"You had no choice, Robb," Annalys pointed out to her husband, looking to be unbothered by what happened, unlike him, "I'm glad you didn't do anything. We need his men. If you would have said something, all would've been ruined."

"How were you so calm?" Robb bluntly asked, causing Annalys to sigh, "I know you saw the way they all looked at you...Like they were undressing you. But you seemed like you didn't care. Anyone would have been bothered if they were in your position but you weren't."

"This world is full of bad men, Robb. Especially Westeros. King's Landing has at least five Walder Freys on each street you walk on, you could say I'm used to it," She explained to Robb in a calm tone, "I don't care about the way they look at me. They know they can't have me. As long as they know that, I won't look their way. But if they were to try something..." She trailed off, a small smile forming on her lips, "Let's just say, they wouldn't end up alive. They have no idea what I'm capable of."

Robb smiled at Annalys, proud at how confident she was. He knew Annalys' threat was truthful. Everyone always claimed she was just "A pretty face", but the people closest to her, especially Robb, knew she was more than what met the eye.

She could end those men with a bow or even a sword within seconds. Robb walked closer to Annalys, who smiled up at him. She wrapped her arms around his neck, immediately leaning forward and kissing him.

Annalys slowly pulled away from Robb, a mischevious look on her face, "It's going to be a long night, my love. I hope you're ready," She told him softly, but Robb didn't quite understand the true meaning of her words.

"As long as you're by side, I believe we can do anything together," Robb replied, smiling as he cupped Annalys' face with his large hands, "Even endure the wedding of my uncle and my former betrothed."

If only you knew, love. If only you knew. Annalys thought to herself, but continued to smile softly at her husband. She refused to show him that something was wrong.

____

That night, inside the Twins, at the wedding ceremony of Edmure and Roslin Frey, Walder walked the bride, his daughter, to the altar, her face covered with a veil.

  Edmure stood at the altar, looking worried, as Annalys, Robb, and his family watched the scene occur. Robb turned his head back towards Walder and Roslin, while Lord Bolton stared at Robb.

Noticing what the man was doing, Annalys turned to look at Lord Bolton, who immediately looked away from Robb once being caught by Annalys.

   As Walder approached, he traded glances with Robb. When he and his daughter finally reached the altar, he slowly removed her veil and Annalys was shocked by Roslin's beauty. She had to admit, Roslin was absolutely gorgeous.