54

KINGDOM FALL
54. Pillage

 Pillage

At one of her war camps, Annalys stood with her back facing her men. She was trying her hardest to remain calm, but it was hard, knowing that Jaime had been taken by Robb.

Annalys gulped down the glass of wine she carried, despite it being days since she last drank, "They have Jaime." She spoke up softly, but it was loud enough for her men to hear.

Kevan looked uneasy, recalling being in the same position with Tywin and was just waiting for her to burst.

"It's Robb Stark's first victory, we've still won five battles." Edric reminded the group in a calm tone.

"I heard his wolf killed more than a dozen men. He had the chance to kill our queen and walked right past her." Randyll informed the group, surprising addressing Annalys as his queen, despite her not taking the Iron Throne yet.

"Is it true what I heard about Stannis?" One of the Dornish men questioned curiously.

Kevan sighed in defeat, nodding his head in confirmation, "He's taken up against us and joined the Stark boy's side. He wishes to kill our queen for thinking she can take the throne from him. They captured Ser Jaime, his army has scattered. It's a catastrophe. We should've never divided the army," He paused, turning to address Annalys, who remained silent, "Perhaps we should sue for peace."

"Sue for peace?" Annalys scoffed, turning to face the men. She looked beyond angered, but still continued to speak in a calm tone, "I have his heirs. I've named them Lannisters. We're far from peace. The only terms he'll agree to is for me to return his children."

"Perhaps you should." One of the men from the Reach suggested, earning a glare from Annalys.

"His heirs aren't the only thing he wants. He wants my mother's head on a pike. He wants my brother's head on a pike. He wants Jaime's head on a pike. He wants my sister's head on a pike." She explained, just before beginning to shout, "He wants all the Lannisters dead! There is no way I'm giving up my children, especially if it means he'll be taking the heads of every single person in House Lannister next. If he gets those children, House Lannister and the Kingdom of the Rock will fall soon after. Now, what shall we do?"

Annalys knew what she wanted to do, but she knew it wasn't wise. She knew she'd have to be smart and ask the advice of her war council.

"The first order of business is to ransom Ser Jaime." Another man at the table decided.

"My brother tried that the last time Ser Jaime was captured," Kevan pointed out to the group, referring to Tywin during the last war, "It didn't work well."

"No truces," Annalys argued, shaking her head in disapproval, "We can't afford to look weak."

"We should march on them, when they're least expecting it." Randyll Tarly suggested to the group.