22

KINGDOM FALL
— 22. Olenna Tyrell

   That same day, Annalys was able to order Lady Jeyne to stay in her room with Podrick while she was off to meet with Olenna

That same day, Annalys was able to order Lady Jeyne to stay in her room with Podrick while she was off to meet with Olenna. Of course, on the way there, Loras Tyrell insisted on escorting Annalys, despite Bronn being forced to follow close behind her as her sworn shield.

Annalys had a fake smile on her face as she and Loras locked arms while walking through the gardens. She found it amusing that he hadn't even realized that she was using him. Bronn followed behind them, looking to be feeling just as annoyed as Annalys was to be there. Annalys just did a better job at hiding it.

"I believe you grow more beautiful every day, Princess Annalys," Loras complimented Annalys, who gave him a tight lipped smiled.

"You are too kind, Ser Loras," She replied, rolling her eyes when he wasn't looking, which caused Bronn to smirk in amusement when he saw it, "But fake indeed. Who told you to try and woo me? Your father? My grandmother?"

Loras sighed in defeat, his smile immediately fading, "Both." He confessed, knowing there was no use in lying to her now.

"Well, enough of that. There's no need. For the sake of us both, I'll make sure this betrothal ends very soon." She explained to him coldly, causing Loras to frown in confusion.

He attempted to open his mouth to speak, but before he could, Margaery walked closer to the duo, "You're such a dear." She told her brother, complimenting him for kindly escorting Annalys over.

"I'll take my leave," He told his sister before turning to Annalys and bowing to her, "Princess Annalys."

"Thank you, Ser Loras," She kindly told the man, despite it being fake, "We'll finish our conversation later?"

Loras nodded, "Most definitely." He replied, turning on his heel and leaving.

Once he was gone, Annalys turned to Bronn, giving him the look that told him to get lost. He sighed in defeat, rolling his eyes before walking away.

  Once he was gone, Margaery locked arms with Annalys, a smile on her face. She led her to a patio in the gardens that was filled with maids. "Come," She told Annalys, stopping when they reached where Olenna sat on the patio, "Princess Annalys, it is my honor to present my grandmother the Lady Olenna of House Tyrell."

"It's so good of you to visit me and my foolish flock of hens. We're very sorry for your losses, especially your husband." Olenna explained to Annalys, who continued look calm and content.

"And I was sorry when I heard of Renly's death, Lady Margaery. He was my favorite of the Baratheon brothers," She paused, a smile forming on her lips, "I dare say I liked him more than Robert himself. Renly was very..." She trailed off, trying to find the right word, "Gallant."