74

KINGDOM FALL
— 74. The Free Folk

    Later that day, despite being advised not to, Annalys got out of bed soon after the remaining Night's Watchmen has burned their dead

She was walking with Jon and Robb through the courtyard. She ended up being the one to advise the duo that they should head beyond the Wall to speak with Mance Rayder about negotiating peace.

Despite somewhat agreeing with her, Jon ended up taking Robb's side immediately after he argued against it, which pissed Annalys off to the extreme.

Annalys knew for a fact Jon agreed with her, but he ended up taking Robb's side anyway, not wanting to cause a feud of any sort between them.

Annalys knew the two brothers felt still somewhat awkward when in Annalys' presence together. After all, back in Winterfell, Jon had been involved with Annalys, Robb's betrothed, and never told him. Robb had been confessing his feelings for Annalys to Jon numerous times during her stay, not even realizing Jon had been seeing her the entire time.

It was still a tough subject, but the brothers tried their best to ignore it as best as they could.

Knowing Annalys had the chance of going beyond the Wall anyway, both Robb and Jon turned to her for an answer.

Much to their shock, she ended up agreeing, claiming them to be right about it being dangerous to go beyond the Wall. It shocked them at how willing she was to agree with them, but thought nothing of it, at first.

Of course, when had Annalys ever willingly change her mind about something she was so set on doing before?

Once Robb and Jon had walked away from Annalys, the Lannister woman made her way over to the top generals of her army. She pulled them off to the side, ready to give them orders, "I need you and the rest of the army to head back to Casterly Rock," He told the three generals in a hushed tone, "Send word to Euron Greyjoy. Tell him to sail the Iron Fleet to Hardhome."

"Hardhome is beyond the Wall, Your Grace," One of the men stated, but by the look on Annalys' face, he could tell she already knew that, "At once, My Queen." He replied, not daring to question Annalys' orders.

He knew at that moment that Annalys planned to head beyond the Wall for some odd reason, but despite that, he didn't question her, knowing everything she did she did with reason.

With that, the three men bowed to Annalys before heading to speak with the rest of the army, ready to head South again to Casterly Rock.

Annalys smiled in satisfaction, turning on her heel before heading to the room where the men of the Night's Watch was keeping Tormund, who seemed to be their most valuable prisoner. It was the reason that they had him locked in an actual room instead of in the dungeons with the rest of the wildings who had been captured.