19

KINGDOM FALL
— 19. Name Day

   Later on, it was finally time for the second tournament

Later on, it was finally time for the second tournament. Annalys sat with her mother and brothers, alongside Tywin as well. They watched the jousting tournament closely, but Annalys found herself feeling bored. She didn't like sitting on the sidelines and watching people fight for entertainment. She liked battles, duels where men fought to the death. She liked taking part in them.

However, she knew it was the next best thing to fighting in a war and decided to go along with it for everyone's sake. While Annalys watched Ser Loras defeat numerous men on horses, Joffrey watched her with a mischievous smile on his face, knowing what was coming.

As the next round began, the Mountain was appointed to go up against Loras, which no one had known about. Because of that, Loras hadn't had time to make up a trick like he did the last time he jousted the Mountain.

People became uneasy and just as Joffrey expected, as did Annalys. She didn't care about Loras, but she knew he was one of the most important parts of her plan. If he was gone, she would fail.

Not being able to take it anymore as she watched Ser Loras get ready to climb on his horse, Annalys stood up, "Stop!" She shouted out, causing to stop what they were doing and turn to the guest of honor, "Loras can't fight the Mountain."

"Then, who will, Sister?" Joffrey asked as he stood up from her seat, "You?"

"Yes," Annalys replied without hesitation, causing numerous people to gasp in shock while Joffrey smirked since he had expected it to happen.

He turned to look at Ser Meryn, their idea going according to plan. Tywin stood up from his seat, about to argue, "My sister, Princess Annalys, will take Ser Loras' place against the Mountain," Joffrey commanded, causing the Lannister family and everyone else to become alarmed.

Annalys turned to Podrick, "Find me some armor, Podrick," She ordered, letting out a sigh in defeat.

As Podrick turned to leave, Joffrey was quick to speak up, "No, he will not," He demanded, causing Annalys to turn to her brother in confusion, "You will have no armor and no horse, sister."

"Then, it isn't jousting!" Annalys complained loudly, giving Joffrey a look of disbelief, "This is my name day celebration, brother, not yours."

"Yes, but I am the king!" Joffrey shouted at Annalys in a loud, stern tone before glancing around at the crowd, "It's time the warrior princess of Westeros shows us what she's truly capable of."

The nobles in the crowds fell silent, feeling horrified and alarmed by the order. The peasants, most of which who had never seen Annalys fight, began to cheer loudly. Everyone heard the stories of Annalys, it was finally time for them to see it firsthand.

Cersei and Tywin both became alarmed for two different reasons, but both wanted Annalys to live and felt as though what Joffrey was demanding was impossible.