47

KINGDOM FALL
— 47. Let's End This

   It was nighttime the day after Annalys fought with Robb

It was nighttime the day after Annalys fought with Robb. She knew, after months of waiting, it was finally time. She was getting her family the hell out of there.

Carrying a lit lamp, Annalys snuck down the hallway and into Jeyne's room to find her friend fast asleep in bed. Annalys quickly rushed over to the Crakehall girl's bed, with the intent of waking her up, "Jeyne," She called out in a hushed tone, shaking the girl's shoulder, "Jeyne, wake up."

Hearing someone calling out to her, Jeyne frowned, her eyes fluttering open to find Annalys at her bedside, "What is it?" She asked groggily, clearly not understanding why Annalys was waking her up in the middle of the night.

"It's time," Annalys whispered, a small smile on her face as she looked hopeful, for the first time in a long time, "You must go."

Hearing Annalys' statement, Jeyne immediately sat up from laying in bed, frowning in confusion, "What?"

"Podrick is here," Annalys informed her handmaiden in a calm tone, "He waits in the stables with two horses and a bag of gold. He'll take you to Casterly Rock."

Jeyne listened to Annalys' orders carefully, but looked concerned when she heard no mention of Annalys going with them, "What about you?" She asked, her eyes wide in alarm.

"I'll be there soon," Annalys assured Jeyne, who seemed hesitant to leave without Annalys, "I need to free my parents and my brother first."

Jeyne shook her head, disapproving of the plan, "I can't leave you, Annalys," She argued desperately, "If you don't escape before Robb finds out what you've done--"

"I'll be fine, Jeyne," Annalys cut Jeyne off in a confident tone, placing a hand on the woman's shoulder, "But you must go. Before it's too late. You must be out of Riverrun before sunrise."

Jeyne looked up at Annalys to see the Lannister woman giving her a pleading look. She found herself sighing in defeat, hesitantly nodding her head as she stood up, "Pack lightly. I'll see you in two months time." Annalys instructed her handmaiden, the duo wasting no time hugging each other tightly.

They had no clue if they'd ever see each other again. Annalys had a risk of being caught. If that happened, she and her family would die. Not even Robb would be able to stop Annalys being executed.

____

After she watched Jeyne reach the stables through her chamber window, Annalys rushed down to Riverrun's dungeons, grasping a fire torch in her hand. Lady's Wrath was sheathed on the right side of her belt from Widow's Wail was sheathed on the opposite side. She grasped Jaime's Valyrian Steel sword in her left hand, no room for it on her belt.

  Annalys wasted no time opening the door to her family's cell, the trio immediately waking up to find Annalys standing before them, "Annalys?" Jaime called out in confusion, her eyes hurting from the light coming from the lit torch.