49

KINGDOM FALL
— 49. The Wars to Come

   On the Iron Islands, all the Ironborn were gathered together by the sea as Yara attempted to become Queen of the Iron Islands with Theon at her side, "We will find no better leader

   On the Iron Islands, all the Ironborn were gathered together by the sea as Yara attempted to become Queen of the Iron Islands with Theon at her side, "We will find no better leader. This is our queen." Theon announced loudly, he and Yara turning to look at each other.

The men around them began to cheer and chant Yara's name, only to be cut off when another voice spoke up. "I'm Euron Greyjoy," The man suddenly announced, causing all the other men to fall silent.

Euron Greyjoy walked through the crowds, making his way over to where Yara and Theon stood. "I claim the Salt Throne." He suddenly announced as he stood before Yara and Theon, looking directly at Yara, however, "Niece." He paused, turning to look at Theon next, "Nephew. Little Theon."

Euron lightly patted Theon on the cheek, just before turning to address the crowd. "Heard you managed to fuck things right into the ground. Captured a castle you couldn't keep. Got yourself taken prisoner. Even heard you have no cock." Euron jokingly explained, causing many men to laugh before he pointed at Yara next, "Explains why you think a woman can be king."

"When did you return, Uncle?" Yara asked her uncle coldly, clearly not happy to see him.

"A few days ago. I had some things to take care of. Long overdue." Euron informed them as he glanced around at the group and Yara immediately realized what he had meant.

"I'm glad you're here," She told the man, nodding her head as she walked closer to him, "Now I know what my first act as queen will be. To execute the man who killed my father."

The men murmured amongst each other, just before Yara continued on. "I was starting to think Annalys Lannister was behind my father's death. After all, she's killed nearly three dozen Ironborn since she came to power, but here you are." She explained, gesturing her hand toward Euron, who she was beginning to believe was the true killer of Balon Greyjoy.

"I did. I killed him. Threw him right over a rope bridge and watched him fall," Euron explained confidently, not caring that he was admitting that he was now a kinslayer, "He was leading us nowhere and we would still be heading there if it weren't for me. No one loved him. No one wanted to follow him. He led us into two wars we couldn't win and last I checked, he was on the verge of starting a war with the most powerful woman in the Seven Kingdoms. Annalys Lannister."

Hearing Annalys' name coming out of Euron's mouth, Theon practically shuddered in fear at the thought of her. He knew for a fact that if Annalys ever caught him, she'd fulfill her promise and kill him for betraying Robb, even if the duo weren't on speaking terms.