13

KINGDOM FALL
— 13. Cold Hearted Liar

After what happened in the courtyard, Jaime had been the only one to take it upon himself to bring Annalys and Joffrey to the maester to be treated for their wounds

After what happened in the courtyard, Jaime had been the only one to take it upon himself to bring Annalys and Joffrey to the maester to be treated for their wounds. Joffrey practically cried the entire time Grand Maester Pycelle treated him. Annalys, however, barely flinched as she was treated for yet another wound.

Once they were treated, Jaime brought them both to chamber of the Hand. Tywin had been sitting at his desk, writing some type of message on a piece of paper.

As she stood before him, Annalys stood proudly in front of her grandfather. Joffrey, however, cowered like a little dog. Tywin would be lying if he didn't say he was impressed when he heard the duo's story.

Everyone feared Joffrey. All but Tywin. Annalys was scared of her brother, Tywin could see that. She did a damn good job hiding it, though. Her breaking his nose in front of everyone proved just that. The fact that Annalys was able to command the kingsguard, despite having no real authority over them also impressed Tywin. He had never seen a single person ever do such a thing in his life. She inspired fear throughout most of Westeros, just as he did. However, unlike him, she also inspired love.

Tywin insulted Joffrey for letting Annalys disarm him before he sent him away. Annalys turned to leave as well, only to have Tywin speak up, "Not you," He commanded, causing Annalys to turn back to face him, her eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

Annalys moved closer to Tywin. She wasted no time taking a seat in the chair across from him, not caring that he never gave her permission, "You do realize you just pardoned the woman who broke the most powerful man in Westeros' nose, right?" She asked, a hint of arrogance in her tone of voice.

"You're not as smart as I've thought you to be if you believe he's the most powerful man in Westeros." Tywin stated and Annalys couldn't her lips curling upwards into a small smile.

"It's treason to say otherwise, only reason I said it. Joffrey is king." Annalys responded in a calm tone and just as he usually did when conversing with someone, Tywin continued on with his paper work, only half listening.

"You really think a crown gives you power?" Tywin asked Annalys skeptically.

Annalys leaned forward in her seat. She shook her head, but Tywin didn't notice since his eyes were glued to the letter in front of him, "I think fear and love give you power." Annalys admitted, which gained Tywin's undivided attention.

He placed his quill down, looking directly at Annalys they conversed with each other. Annalys felt proud of herself. She did what no one else could do. She was able to get Tywin Lannister to give her his undivided attention when she spoke to him. Jaime and Cersei couldn't even get Tywin to put down his quill to speak to them. But here Annalys sat, doing just that with one statement.