33

KINGDOM FALL
33. The Sword of the Morning

      Annalys was riding through the slums of King's Landing on her horse, on the verge of meeting up with Oberyn at Little Finger's brothel

      Annalys was riding through the slums of King's Landing on her horse, on the verge of meeting up with Oberyn at Little Finger's brothel. It was early, but she already had her morning lesson with Tywin, meaning she wasn't due to return to the Red Keep for a while. She had canceled on Jaime, who wasn't happen about the revelation.

He felt their bond slowly breaking and he hated it more than anything. Annalys, however, didn't seem to notice it in the slightest.

Numerous people bowed to her as she rode past them on horseback, but none dared to attack her as they would with another member of the royal family.

Soon enough, she reached Little Finger's brothel and forced her horse to come to a total stop. After climbing off her horse, Annalys wasted no time entering the whorehouse. She passed by numerous prostitutes, who realizes Annalys was a highborn and frowned in utter confusion.

Annalys ignored them, however, and made her way to the room where she knew Oberyn to be staying in. She opened the door, finding Oberyn to be sitting on the bed. "Annalys!" He exclaimed, greeting the Lannister woman, "What an unexpected surprise."

"Prince Oberyn," Annalys replied, bowing her head politely to the Dornish prince.

There was a moment of awkward silence between them, Oberyn waiting for Annalys to speak, which she didn't end up doing, "Would you like to sit?" He questioned her curiously, gesturing to the large bed, which was the only place to sit in the room, "I'm sure you have a lot to tell me."

"No, thank you." Annalys replied without hesitation, knowing she couldn't discuss matters where anyone could hear them.

Oberyn stopped as he stood up and turned to face Annalys with a puzzled look on his expression, "I believe we should talk in private, perhaps a walk through the city would do us some well," She suggested, but it was clear she wasn't going to take no for an answer, "Don't you think?"

"I couldn't refuse a royal escort, could I now?" Oberyn asked in a joking manner, a smile on his face.

Annalys found herself smiling, shaking her head at his comment, "No, you couldn't."

"Then, I believe that gives you my answer, Princess Annalys," He replied, walking closer to Annalys as he held out his arm, "Shall we?"

Annalys smiled at Oberyn, immediately locking arms with the Dornish Prince before they began to make their way through King's Landing together.

______

About an hour later, Annalys and Oberyn soon found themselves back at Little Finger's brothel. They had spoken about many matters during their walk, most of them having to do with Annalys wanting both Prince Oberyn and all the men that came with him to leave King's Landing within a week to escape the upcoming battle.