16

KINGDOM FALL
— 16. Dinner With the Tyrells

    That night, Annalys and Cersei entered one of the large dining rooms of the Red Keep

That night, Annalys and Cersei entered one of the large dining rooms of the Red Keep. Tommen was supposed to go with them, but ended up falling asleep and Annalys refused to let her mother wake him from his slumber.

The table was already set and the room was dimly lit with candles. Annalys found Ser Loras and Lady Margaery standing before her. She had to admit, both Tyrell children were good looking. Annalys and her brother were lucky to be betrothed to such pretty people.

Once they saw the duo arrive, Margaery and Ser Loras turned to face the Queen Mother and the Princess, both of them greeting the two women with a smile. Margaery and her brother hadn't had the pleasure to meet Annalys yet. They had only heard stories about her. Well, about her skills in battle and the fact that she supposedly loved sex, which was an odd thing to hear.

It all had to do with that stupid rumor. In truth, though, it really wasn't a rumor, but that was besides the point.

They both wondered what she was truly like. Was she clever like her uncle? Was she cold and heartless like her mother? Was she mad like her brother?

"Your Grace. Princess Annalys." Margaery and Loras greeted the queen and her daughter, bowing to them.

Margaery and Ser Loras had smiles that Annalys knew were fake as they walked closer to her and Cersei, "Lady Margaery. Ser Loras," Annalys greeted the duo with a smile on her face, bowing her head to greet them, "It's a pleasure to meet you both. I've been looking forward to it for quite a while. I apologize for us being late. I was having a bit of trouble finding the perfect dress."

Jaime, who stood near the door after being appointed as one of the guards, wanted to laugh at Annalys. She was such a good liar and had such an easy time hiding how she truly felt behind a smile. She was far better than her mother, that was for sure, which was quite the shocker.

Annalys turned to Ser Loras, holding out her hand. She smiled softly to him as he grabbed her hand, placing a kiss to her knuckles, "Princess Annalys." He greeted her, slowly letting go of her hand, "I'm told we'll be wed within two months. I feel honored to be married to such a beautiful girl."

"Yes, a beauty, indeed," Margaery gleefully spoke up, causing Annalys turned to face her, "I can't wait to call you sister."

Annalys turned her head, exchanging quick look with her mother. Both of them didn't believe a single word Margaery said. Annalys had to admit, she was impressed that someone like Margaery was able to manipulate Joffrey, but there was something about Margaery she found herself not liking. She and her mother had that in common.

Annalys eyed Margaery up and down, admiring the woman's dress, "Such a wonderful dress, My Lady." She complimented the girl, which caught Cersei's attention as she poured herself and her daughter a glass of wine.