41

KINGDOM FALL
— 41. Robert's Bastard

   In King's Landing, Annalys walked through Flea Bottom, wearing a large cloak with a hood to hide her identity each time a Gold Cloak passed by her

In King's Landing, Annalys walked through Flea Bottom, wearing a large cloak with a hood to hide her identity each time a Gold Cloak passed by her. She couldn't let them blab to Stannis. They would ask why she was there in the first place.

She stopped at every establishment she could find, gifting the people there with gold dragons and silver stags before advising them to head to the Westerlands if they wanted to avoid persecution when they refused to convert their fate. Many of them surprisingly agreed, taking Annalys' bribe, which was enough to pay for their travels and buy them somewhere to live in Lannisport or another one of the Westerland's cities.

Others, however, refused, not wanting to believe Annalys since she was technically the reason Stannis was on the throne in the first place. She didn't blame them, though. If she were them, she wouldn't believe her either. However, she wanted to make up for her mistakes. She planned to do that by protecting the people of King's Landing from Stannis and his obsession with the Lord of Light.

Once making it to the Street of Steel, which was her last stop, she entered one of the blacksmiths shops. She entered, only to nearly collide with a man who seemed to be about her age.

"My apologies, Milady. I didn't see you," He apologized, only to notice how Annalys' eyes were wide in shock, "Is something wrong?"

Annalys stared at the young man closely, knowing she'd seen him before. It took her a moment before she finally figured out where she knew him from exactly, "I know you," She stated, causing him to give her a puzzled look, "I've seen you before. A year and a half ago, you were being taken in a horse-drawn cart by the Red Woman after the Brotherhood Without Banners sold you to her."

The man's eyes widened in utter shock, not understanding how she knew who he was. He couldn't remember her. After all, they had only locked eyes for three seconds at most before he was dragged away. No one could remember things that Annalys could. She had perfect memory.

"Who are you?" He found himself asking and as if on cue, Annalys removed the hood of her cloak to reveal her golden hair and green eyes. She was a Lannister, the man knew that much.

"Annalys Lannister," She introduced herself in a calm tone, eying him closely, "Mind telling me what your name is?"

"Gendry, Milady," He introduced himself to Annalys politely, bowing to her since it was expected.

"Gendry," Annalys repeated after him, knowing the name was familiar to her, "You're Arya's little friend, aren't you?"

Gendry's eyes widened at the mention of Arya. It was a name he hadn't heard in more than a year, "You know Arya Stark?" He questioned her, frowning in confusion.

"Of course, I do," Annalys responded, laughing at how foolish Gendry sounded, "I was married to her brother. Technically, she was my sister by marriage."